Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds and system sounds not working

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 05:26 PM)
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

I am having this issue where suddenly my phone stopped giving me notification sounds or system sounds.  This spans across all apps.  No text sounds no keyboard clicks or even sounds for unlocking.  It will vibrate though.  Talked to Samsung support and they connected and tried wiping app settings and more. Tried booting to the bootloader wiped cache factory reset mounted system and repaired apps.  After all that notification sounds still didn't work.  I set up my phone fresh and checked and they did not.  What's strange is if you go into volume and adjust the ring tone it will start playing the ring tone. If you touch the notification volume slider while the ringtone is playing you will hear one chime for the notification but if you move it again when the ring tone is not playing it does not make a noise.  I can only guess this is some sort of bug in the last update.

Does anyone have a solution or can Samsung let us know when this will be fixed.  I'm not the only one

26 REPLIES 26
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Well believe it or not but this appears to be some sort of hardware bug.  I ended up reflashing the firmware using ODIN and sure enough the problem still persisted afterwards.  This is also before anything was installed or even joined to my wifi.  I am currently sending it in to Samsung repair for evaluation/repair

0 Likes
Mason93
First Poster
Options

Is this a phone or software issue? 

0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

So here is an update. I ended up having to send my phone in for repair after reflashing it did not fix it.  At that point I deemed it to be a hardware issue.  Samsung did fix the problem by replacing 2 components in my phone one being some sort of pcb board and the other looked like a speaker or having to do with the speaker.  Bottom line is if you are having this issue and factory reset does not fix it you likely need to send it in for repair.  Also don't bother with local Samsung repair facilities.

0 Likes
Pkgannon
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue. I had to go into the Galaxy Wearable app, and under notifications settings for my watch, turn off Mute Connected Phone. Once I did that, the sounds started working again. 

SamTim
First Poster
Options

i'm also having the same problem with my note 10 plus

0 Likes
LealDeal
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get this resolved? If so how??

0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Had to send it in for repair. Samsung actually had to replace a part that had gone bad

0 Likes
Members_gV3eWDi
First Poster
Options

Yes I am having the same problem. It is very annoying because everything is turned up and nothing seems to be wrong with any of the settings. I don't know if it was an update that messed it up but this needs to be fixed!

0 Likes
schnyd
First Poster
Options

I went through the following options with a Samsung Tech.
- Safe mode
- Reset All Settings
- Factory reset
Still have the issue and the Tech requested I take the phone to a service center.  
To me, this has to be a software issue because the notification sounds can be heard when media is playing or right after the I adjust the Ringtone or Media volume.  I can hear a notification once then it stops again. 

0 Likes
Adam S
First Poster
Options

have a s21 ultra through verizon. recently it stopped being able to detect som card so switched to esim. now im having same exact issue. i also just recently redownloaded smartthings to use tv remote...wonder if that dod something. so deleted app reset phone...did repair apps and wipe cache...havent tried factory reset just bc of the hassle. wondering ifs hardware issue like yours. just weird had phone for like three months and just started doing this. 

0 Likes