Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds and system sounds not working

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 03:57 PM)
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

I am having this issue where suddenly my phone stopped giving me notification sounds or system sounds.  This spans across all apps.  No text sounds no keyboard clicks or even sounds for unlocking.  It will vibrate though.  Talked to Samsung support and they connected and tried wiping app settings and more. Tried booting to the bootloader wiped cache factory reset mounted system and repaired apps.  After all that notification sounds still didn't work.  I set up my phone fresh and checked and they did not.  What's strange is if you go into volume and adjust the ring tone it will start playing the ring tone. If you touch the notification volume slider while the ringtone is playing you will hear one chime for the notification but if you move it again when the ring tone is not playing it does not make a noise.  I can only guess this is some sort of bug in the last update.

Does anyone have a solution or can Samsung let us know when this will be fixed.  I'm not the only one

26 REPLIES 26
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
is your system sounds volume up?
0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

All smart a comments aside. Yes my volume is all the way up alerts are set it's not on silent or do not disturb.  The sounds also randomly come back for a second or two on a rare occasion and then stop again.  My keyboard clicks were working for one message then after stopped again

Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Small update.  In the process of testing I found that if i Connect my Galaxy Buds plus I can hear the notification beeps boops and clicks through the buds.  If I disconnect or tell smart things to use the phones speaker it will no longer play the sounds

0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Swipe down when a notification comes and hold it and you'll see allow notifications make sure that's on then press alert not silent notification
0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Yep checked that its not the issue.  From what I am gathering in other forum posts it appears to be caused by Bixby

IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Go to Settings >Apps tinder the app > then notifications and select on all of them and try it
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Is it on One UI 3.0
0 Likes
Runehasa
Explorer
Options

Yes its on One UI 3.0 least i believe so One UI Home shows version12.1.01.15.  Everything is fully updated.  All apps have notifications enabled but it isnt even isolated to just the apps.  If I go in the volume menu or into notifications where it would normally preview the notification when you click on it.  Even that does not work. 

One other thing it seems is if any other audio is currently playing I will hear the notifications.  For example if I launch pandora and its playing music I will hear any and all text messages beeps boops clicks.  Soon as I stop playing music I am not longer able to hear any system sounds or notification sounds.  

Def feels like a bug from a system update.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Strange, was just about to say its the buds connected. I was wondering why my keyboard wasn't making sounds when I remembered my buds pro are connected. I switched sounds back to the phone and all is working as it should.
0 Likes