Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification bar grey area hides content since latest update to One UI 4.0, Android 12

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 10:44 AM)
rdomak
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I got an update on 7. January - version: G991BXXS3BULC / G991BOXM3BUKG / G991BXXU3BUKG and since then my Notification bar has got an empty grey zone which is along the whole width of the S21 screen and ca. 2cm high. I marked this area on the screenshot with red. 

The trouble is that this grey area doesn't scroll together with the notification bar content but it just statically lays "over" the notifications under and hides a part of the notifications. I can "pull" the screen so that the notifications under the grey area are visible for a moment but I cannot interact with any of the buttons under, because the moment I release the "pull" movement then the highest notifications jump back under the grey area. 

This grey area is completely empty, it doesn't seem to have any function - it seems to be a bug.

Also there's a problem with seeing the lowest notification. When I try to pull the bar to see the last notification then before I could see the whole text, the grey area with the buttons "Notification settings" and "Clear" is jumping over the notification and the whole screen just greys out. If I release the pull, then I can see the notifications over it but not the last one. 

Before the update everything worked perfectly. I hope someone will solve these bugs ASAP. 

Appreciating any reply :smiling-face: 

Screenshot_20220111-122934_Nova7.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
With the new update
Have you cleared the cache
On your phone

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
rdomak
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. I tried it now but nothing happened, it's still the same. 

0 Likes