Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network error (restart fixes but keeps doing it)

(Topic created on: 30-07-2021 10:36 AM)
Jmiauhu
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue with my S9 and never resolved it: if I spend a few hours in a no signal area, I then can't make calls, send/receive texts, or connect to data when signal comes back because it says I'm not registered on the network and emergency calls only. Restarting the phone always seems to resolve it but I can't understand why it is doing it in the first place and it's frustrating as, if I don't notice, I miss any incoming calls. It's only if I'm somewhere with no signal for a while, it doesn't tend to do it otherwise. Any ideas on a fix? The software is up to date.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would say time to change your network.

Cause bad signal will also affect your battery life.

I would research which network gives you the best overall coverage depending on your location and go from there.

In the Good olden days there used to be a code to boost your phone signal at the expense of your battery life, not sure of there is nowadays.
0 Likes
Jmiauhu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, it is the best network for where I live but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any good network for where my mum lives! It only happens when I'm visiting her and if I spend too long in a particular blackspot at work, but it's so annoying 😕

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately @Jmiauhu even in this day and age all Network's have fringe coverage area's and not spots so customer's can suffer from signal loss.

If your Mum has Home Broadband Wi-Fi and you have access to Calling over Wi-Fi with your Network provider then thus could be an interim solution to keep connected or if your phone is a Hybrid Dual Sim phone then use another Network's sim card in it i.e a Pay As You Go type and switch to the alternative to try and keep connected.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll pass on a possible suggestion which may not have any bearing in this issue.

I had a problem here in the Netherlands with a specific app for a supermarket.  Sometimes the specific app would tell me I'm not connected to the network though I clearly had a strong signal.  

I would restart my phone, and that would always solve the issue.

I had the idea of instead of restarting the phone, I would Force Stop the specific app in Apps.  I would then open the app in question and everything was good.

Would Force Stopping 'Phone' in Apps, and then clicking on Phone again, save you from restarting the phone?

Just a thought.

That solved this issue and more importantly, cost me considerably less time.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
grafhax
Student
Options

I'm getting the same thing with the S21 and Verizon in the US. I've had this phone for 3 months now and continuously have to restart it.  I miss calls/texts all the time.  I've reset the phone multiple times at this point i'm super pissed that my carrier blames the phone and the phone company claims everythings good so its 1k down the drain and no ones responsible.  I'll leave samsung for TV's only.

0 Likes