Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text from iPhone's on S21

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 06:05 PM)
GalaxyS21_2022
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have recently changed carries from metro to xfinity. I brought my phone number with me and went from a Galaxy S9 to a galaxy S21. Since then, I am not able to receive pictures from any iphone users. However, text messaging seems to be working most of the time. I have a feeling it has to do with the newest version of Samsung messages/Chat. I just can not figure out which of the settings is causing this error or if it is something else entirely. TIA

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GalaxyS21_2022 

I assume all worked OK before the change ?

Have you checked with your carrier that multimedia messages is still provisioned on your mobile account  ?

I prefer to use the Samsung Messages app personally.

Try using this one.

Screenshot_20221222_060103_One UI Home.jpg

Launch the messages app and tap on the 3 little dots. Then Settings,  more settings, multimedia messages and check the settings.

Is it possible the owner of the iPhone is at fault?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GalaxyS21_2022
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Yes, everything worked before on my previous carrier. The current carrier and plan allow for MMS. I also discovered yesterday; it is only people from t-mobile. I know that sounds strange, however after asking around for people with various carriers to text me, it is confirmed. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GalaxyS21_2022: It is possible that the format that the messages are being sent in isn't compatible with the Messages app e.g. iMessage. Are you able to speak with the relevant contacts, and check if they're able to select the format that the messages are being sent in, and if MMS is available as an option? You may also wish to head to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat features, and toggle this option off to see if you're able to receive the messages when this feature is disabled. 

0 Likes
GalaxyS21_2022
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Yes, I have been able to speak with the t-mobile contacts and they have toggled their MMS/imessage settings. The more I evaluate, it seems to be with the carrier. I went last night and switched back to my S9 thinking maybe the S21 messages app was causing a compatibility issue, however I am still not receiving MMS from my t-mobile contacts on the S9. 

0 Likes