Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving email notifications

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 09:15 AM)
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
Hi

I'm not receiving email notifications on my new s21 this has only just started happening and was working fine before, I have my email linked with Gmail. I have checked all the notification settings in the app and on the phone and everything is set correctly. Any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
Zedders
Apprentice
Options
Oh no, I know how frustrating it is. Took me ages to sort and I missed so many emails because of it. Hope you find a solution as even Samsung Galaxy live chat couldn't sort mine!
0 Likes
Kain123
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue on my s21+. But I have notice in the app notification for Gmail it has 1 categories deleted on the bottom. So I am wondering if you all have the same? 

0 Likes
Cosmo326
First Poster
Options

So, I did a couple things yesterday and miraculously I started getting notifications for new emails with a brief pop-up notification and the  number of new emails showing on the gmail app icon. Unfortunately since I tried a couple different things, I don't know which one might have (if either) caused it to start working again. First, I uninstalled the updates for gmail. Before updating it again, I turned my phone off for a couple minutes just in case anything might still be running in the background. After turning my phone back on, I updated gmail through the play store. Also, while looking around on my phone, I found a setting for something called Adaptive Notifications. I first googled what this was before changing the setting for it. I then changed that setting to "None" as stated in the article I am including. Like I said, I don't know if either of the things I did caused my gmail notifications to work again or not. I'm also hoping I didn't just jinx myself! Good luck!

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/gpfdxj/delayedno_notifications_on_android_10_turn_off/

0 Likes
Cosmo326
First Poster
Options

P.S. This did not help with getting my facebook app notifications to show again.

0 Likes
Cosmo326
First Poster
Options

Hi. Just wondering if  anyone tried this? I have been getting new mail notifications for gmail since I did this and the number of new emails show on my gmail icon . I've also tested it several times by sending emails to myself. I have noticed that I do not get a notification for new mail while I am in gmail. So I scheduled emails to send to myself at a later time and I've gotten a notification everytime.

My previous post:  

So, I did a couple things yesterday and miraculously I started getting notifications for new emails with a brief pop-up notification and the  number of new emails showing on the gmail app icon. Unfortunately since I tried a couple different things, I don't know which one might have (if either) caused it to start working again. First, I uninstalled the updates for gmail. Before updating it again, I turned my phone off for a couple minutes just in case anything might still be running in the background. After turning my phone back on, I updated gmail through the play store. Also, while looking around on my phone, I found a setting for something called Adaptive Notifications. I first googled what this was before changing the setting for it. I then changed that setting to "None" as stated in the article I am including. It does say that you might want to check this setting occasionally because an update may cause the setting to change. Like I said, I don't know if either of the things I did caused my gmail notifications to work again or not. I'm also hoping I didn't just jinx myself! Good luck!

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/gpfdxj/delayedno_notifications_on_android_10_turn_off/

0 Likes
Not receiving Gmail
First Poster
Options

I was also having this issue. I went through all the replies and followed their suggestions. In the device and care menu I unchecked optimize battery, I removed the phone's updates and I cleared the cache in Gmail. I am getting notifications now. It might not be a split second after the email is sent to me but I am hearing and seeing the notifications now. If anyone tries this let me know if it works for you. Also, I would power off the phone for a minute after you make the changes.

0 Likes
jasonkhaw1
First Poster
Options

Issue: I have both my google workspace & personal gmail tied to my Samsung-Gmail app. I have to regularly-manually check my inbox since I haven't been getting notification for my google workspace emails. Interestingly, I had no notification issues with my personal gmail. So I compared the notification settings for both email accounts and noticed some differences. Just with a few clicks, I was able to solve the issue.

What worked for me:
Settings > Notifications > Gmail > in-app notification settings > select the specific email account > inbox notifications > check "label notifications" and "notify for every message"

0 Likes
SarahPxRung
First Poster
Options

Solution for my Samsung Galaxy S22:

In gmail app - menu - settings - select account (not general settings) - Notification - make sure it's set to All. Save and back out. Instantly started getting my notifications again (after update, it had for some reason changed to "High Priority Only".

0 Likes
Holotropic1
First Poster
Options

This worked for me! Thank you!

Elkbuster
First Poster
Options

This appears to be an issue with Gmail and not Samsung.  I have had this issue frequently and the solution I have found to work for me is as follows:

Go to the Gmail app > Settings > Choose the account (NOT General settings) > Select Inbox notifications > Deselect “Notify for every message” > Back out to your settings screen > Back out to your account selection > Back out to your inbox > Select settings again > Choose the account > Select Inbox notifications > Reselect “Notify for every message" > Back out to your settings screen > Back out to your account selection > Back out to your inbox.

Send a test email and see if that works.  If it does work great! If you have multiple email accounts set up on the device repeat the process for each one. 

Just to note, I have 2 Gmail accounts on my phone (Galaxy S8+), and this has worked for me every time I have this issue.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes