Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving email notifications

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 07:26 PM)
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
Hi

I'm not receiving email notifications on my new s21 this has only just started happening and was working fine before, I have my email linked with Gmail. I have checked all the notification settings in the app and on the phone and everything is set correctly. Any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
ImBenjiiiB
First Poster
Options
Only got my s21 two days ago and it's started doing the same to mine today, all updates are done as well and tried the above steps
0 Likes
ImBenjiiiB
First Poster
Options

Hi Russ, I don't know if you have fixed this now, but i have just spent hours trying to sort it out for me! Turns out in the notification settings for the mail app, tap on new mail, then make sure the "Show as pop-up" button is on!

0 Likes
magnumdoofus
First Poster
Options

Can you clarify where you are tapping on "new mail" in the settings? I'm having this problem too and finding it confusing to navigate the settings

0 Likes
Zedders
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've had my Samsung Galaxy S21+ since May and have the same problem. No notifications for any emails, checked absolutely everything! Still nothing. Had Samsung Galaxy S10e before and never had a problem! Sooooo annoying 

0 Likes
Srcarnes
First Poster
Options

Settings -> Apps -> Gmail -> Battery -> Optimize battery usage -> Select all apps on top right 3 dots -> scroll to Gmail -> 

0 Likes
Jamie K
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem. After trying all the other recommendations and double and triple checking those, I resolved it by making sure gmail is NOT an app that is optimized for battery usage. From the apps menu on settings, click on Gmail then click on battery. That will open a page, and make sure under optimize battery usage it says not optimized. Hopefully this works for those of you with the same issue.

Cosmo326
First Poster
Options

Has anyone discovered a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue after having my Galaxy S21 Plus for only a month. The first couple weeks, everything was fine. I was getting notifications on the Gmail app icon when I got a new email. Then they just stopped. This is also happening on my Facebook app icon. Funny thing is just now when I logged into my Samsung account to post in this forum, I received an email with a verification code and a notification showed on my gmail app icon. I thought "Oh! It's working again." So I sent myself a couple emails to see but NO NOTIFICATIONS on my gmail app icon!! I have checked all the suggested settings from previous posts and nothing has worked. If I was getting notifications for the first couple weeks of having the phone, the settings must have been correct then. I still double and triple checked and all were set correctly. Notifications for "all mail" are on. My phone is not in power save mode. No apps are optimized for battery usage.  Again, it showed a notification on the gmail app when I got the email with the verification code from Samsung!! But nothing else. This may seem like a minor issue to some but it's very frustrating to me. Just thought I would see if anyone had figured out a solution. Thanks!

0 Likes
Zedders
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Jamie K that definitely worked for me. 👍
0 Likes
Zedders
Apprentice
Options
Did you try this (copied from another poster and it definitely worked for me) all my mail has been coming through as it should.

I had this same problem. After trying all the other recommendations and double and triple checking those, I resolved it by making sure gmail is NOT an app that is optimized for battery usage. From the apps menu on settings, click on Gmail then click on battery. That will open a page, and make sure under optimize battery usage it says not optimized. Hopefully this works for those of you with the same issue.

0 Likes
Cosmo326
First Poster
Options

This did not work for me. Gmail is NOT optimized for battery usage. None of my apps are optimized. ARRGH!

0 Likes