Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting update on S21+ 5g

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 08:19 PM)
forgeekabout
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have s21+ 5g (sm-g996u1) unlocked version from USA, but I am currently in Georgia (country). I'm not getting any update of android 13. Last updated on October 1. What can be the problem in your opinion?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@forgeekabout: If you are outside the USA, then this can create compatibility issues with software updates in your current region. This is due to software variances that exist in our mobile devices from region to region. Updates are rolled out in batches, so it may be the case that your device has not yet been scheduled to receive the Android 13 update, but you may only be able to complete the update upon your return to the US. 

In the meantime, you may wish to check Smart Switch on a PC or Mac to see if you're able to update in this manner. To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S21+ using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Looks like the only baseband thats got droid 13 is the G99....DVK3 as of now. . Am waiting too brother on G99...CVI8 XAA
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
As stated OTA won't work, but I don't believe it's rolled out for your device yet, you can download checkfirm from the Google play store to see the latest firmware available to you, if you want to force update you will need to use ODIN, otherwise if the update is available use smart switch for PC as its much safer
0 Likes
Gerald59
First Poster
Options

Up to now also haven't got my update

0 Likes
Kazi Wasif
First Poster
Options

Do I have to backup my datas or I can just update?

0 Likes