Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibration for notifications?

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 01:14 AM)
AngDi24
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra. It recently received an update last week. Since then, I've noticed that whenever I get a notification (text messages,  calls, push notifs from apps, etc.) , my vibration isn't going off.

I'm someone who keeps their phone on vibrate, so I hadn't realized I was missing out on messages from people since my phone wasn't vibrating.

I've searched everywhere for answers, and almost always I see the solution to this is to check my vibration settings;  but everything is already on vibrate. I've also put my apps' notification settings to vibrate. And yes, I have tried restarting my phone as well.

I don't think it's something to do with my phone itself since the vibration for when I plug it in to charge or for when I'm typing is still working.

If anyone can offer any solutions, I am all ears because I do not want to be stuck with having to have my ringer on.

Screenshot_20211122-220324_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-220329_Settings.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AngDi24
Apprentice
Options

To anyone reading, I found this solution on reddit and I got my vibration back!!!

Screenshot_20211122-221741_Chrome.jpg

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
illEez
Voyager
Options
My Vibration didn't work when I ran the diagnostic tests after the latest update, but it turned out that 'Touch Interaction' was off; soon as I turned this up, all was well, so might be worth a look?

Screenshot_20211123-054813_Settings_3615_1637646493.jpg
0 Likes
AngDi24
Apprentice
Options

Checked it out and it was already on so I tried switching it on and off and did a reset. Sadly did nothing. But thanks for replying!

Solution
AngDi24
Apprentice
Options

To anyone reading, I found this solution on reddit and I got my vibration back!!!

Screenshot_20211122-221741_Chrome.jpg

TerryNall
Apprentice
Options

Your fix noted also worked for my S21.  Appears this week's Samsung software update turned off the "Android System" toggle switch for Alerts.  Thank you for posting the fix you found!

0 Likes
TerryNall
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem following the recent Samsung software update.  Appears the update turned off the "Android System" toggle switch for alerts.

Try the below steps to fix. It worked for my S21:

Settings > Notifications > select "More" under recently sent > change the list from Most Recent to "All" > three dots > choose Show System Apps > look for "Android System" > select Allow Sound and Vibration under Alerts.

0 Likes
CriSuM
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, @AngDi24! I have it back too 👏 ✌️
Smash1
First Poster
Options

This worked! I spent hours on the phone with Samsung, eventually got a warranty replacement for my S21...Only for the same issue to happen again once the update happened. Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Misha
First Poster
Options

Anyone can solve this same issue for S21+..?? My vibration is not working and also not receive any notification on screen after software update..

0 Likes
TerryNall
Apprentice
Options

@Misha   Does the previous fix work for you now?

Try below steps:

Settings > Notifications > select "More" under recently sent > change the list from Most Recent to "All" > three dots > choose Show System Apps > look for "Android System" > select Allow Sound and Vibration under Alerts.

0 Likes