Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update on Delivery for s21- looks like it’s been recalled

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 07:17 PM)
Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I bought the s21 via student portal 3 weeks ago with the delivery date to be today. I received confirmation last night that I’d receive the phone today with a time slot. I received the tracking number. I’ve currently been busy at work so just thought out of curiousity I’d check. I check to see the parcel history as showing as dispatched then recalled and being sent back to Samsung. Super confused as Samsung haven’t updated me on a recall - actually they haven’t said anything. So I waited in the chat for 2 hours to be told the system is showing as shipped to be delivered today - not going to lie the customer service guy definitely couldn’t understand English, no offence Dennis, as he kept saying since you received confirmation it’s been cancelled, which I never said. I told him that I noticed the discrepancy in the tracking section of the website neither dpd or Samsung updated me I had to search that myself. I tried calling but was on the phone for 2 hours with no human so I’ve given up. I definitely don’t think I’ll be getting it now but it’s really pissed me off as they’ve taken the money but no update. If I hadn’t noticed then what would have happened. 

Will be making the switch from Samsung to a different provider maybe google or Xperia.

9 REPLIES 9
T3rry
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have had exactly the same happen to me today too, what is going on 

jackteong
Apprentice
Options

Hi Both, The same thing has happened to me. Have you guys had any luck getting through customer support?

Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I didn't get through at all today, wasted a day but I know someone who did on the forum he updated:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/samsung-dispatched-order-then-recalled/m-p/4292194#M34...

Apparently there was a price issue so they cancelled all orders it appears. Doing it last minute with no communication is pretty shitty 

Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I didn't get through at all today, wasted a day but I know someone who did on the forum he updated:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/samsung-dispatched-order-then-recalled/m-p/4292194#M34...

Apparently there was a price issue so they cancelled all orders it appears. Doing it last minute with no communication is pretty shitty 

jackteong
Apprentice
Options

That's beyond shitty. The fact that it was in DPD warehouse ready to go makes it worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will complain about this. Hopefully if enough people do this they may do reverse it!

0 Likes
Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I don't think they care about reversing it, if they did care about their customers they wouldn't have waited till it was already dispatched to recall and cancel everyones order. It's the worst thing they can do and I'm sure alot of people will now switch to the pixel 

MTZ21
Student
Options
It happened to me as well. I am fuming. The customer support representative was really not sure what to say. Initially, she said that it was a mistake on their side and she did not know why they did not informed me about it. She tried to convince me to accept £40 voucher for the inconvenience, but i refused. I said that they must send me the phone as if they knew it was a mistake on their side, which i would call glitch, why they did not let me know on the next day or so. Why they confirmed the order, took my money and made me take a day off work to wait for their delivery and even did not tell me that they recalled the phone back from the delivery company? I insisted to talk to a manager. She kept me on the phone for hours and then told me that there are no available managers at the moment and they will call me back in 24-48 hours. I told her that they must send me the phone as when they confirmed my order, took my money and sent me an email that my order has been dispatched, they have entered in to a contract with me and they have to honour the order. She was quiet the whole time and then said: There are no managers available. I think they are trying to put everyone off the customer service until they get their phones back and issue a refund. Then they will say: Oh, you have your refund now, you have to place a new order with the new price. I think we should all refuse to accept a refund and ask for our phones to be sent to us.
0 Likes
Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I honestly agree, I've been told that they'll ring back tomorrow so if they do which i doubt I'm going to ask for the phone too. Bit stupid to have it sent out and then recall it should have done it straight away isn't our fault they can't fix their own systems

0 Likes
MTZ21
Student
Options
Yes, i could not agree more. The lady tried to tell me that it is my responsibility to spot the price mistake - this is how she called it. I asked her how on earth i can tell if they have had an issue with the pricing? It is their fault and because they confirmed the order, they must now send the phones to us.