Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No sound when upload video to whatsapp

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 03:29 AM)
I_deeyana
First Poster
Options

I've updated my device #S21Ultra this morning. Tq for solved the previous problem. I'm able to upload video from my gallery directly to whatsapp. But somehow sorry to say.. when the video been sent.. there is no audio. It's muted. Hope u fix it at your soonest. Tq

103 REPLIES 103
Members_XRDfmVy
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me mad. Even if I crop or edit a video to send via what's app the sound disappears. It's rubbish

PavelS21
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20211224-173518_Video Editor.jpg

 Try using 'Create movie' to edit a video, it should solve your problem.

Selinap
First Poster
Options

How do I create and save a new video from the edited video that doesn't work please? 

0 Likes
Solution
PavelS21
Journeyman
Options

1. Open the edited video.

2. Select edit (pencil icon).

3. Click on menu icon and select 'Create Movie'.

4. Go back.

5.Save it.

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

This can't be marked as an solution.

At most an workaround. 

BUT why aren't there many more users complaining? Isn't this affecting ALL S21 phones? 

0 Likes
PavelS21
Journeyman
Options

I don't think that Samsung is in charge if Whatsapp can't process your revertible file.

When you edit a video that you're sure that you don't wanna revert it back just hit 'Save as copy' instead of 'Save'.

This way both original video and edited will be kept as two separate files. And you can choose to send any of them via WhatsApp and it works without a problem.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

There was never a problem with sound an now all the sudden since the last Samsung update there is.

What do you mean that that Samsung isn't in lead. 

0 Likes
Ladislav Hub
Student
Options

Of course, you're right. But if I remember correctly, when my s21 was on Android 11, there was no problem with audio in edited videos sended trough Whatsapp? 

0 Likes
PavelS21
Journeyman
Options

After the new update, 'Save as copy' option was added, in case you wanted to revert back your edited video to the original one.

So just use this option whenever you want to save a final copy.

0 Likes
Xopher
First Poster
Options

When you say create a new video, what do you mean exactly? 

0 Likes