Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on WhatsApp video

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 12:12 AM)
tazzzzz
Apprentice
Options
There's no sound when I sent a video on WhatsApp on my s21, could anyone help to sort this issue please?
5 REPLIES 5
Sp82
Navigator
Options
With the new update there are 2 things ( microphone and camera access) that you need to switch on from the pull down menu and give permission... Might be that Screenshot_20220118-053102_Microsoft Launcher_21724_1642483862.jpg
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache from WhatsApp. To do this, go to settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Clear cache. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
Maxxyz
First Poster
Options

Under "Developer Options" (https://youtu.be/gn4bRTFicZw) scroll down to Media / Media transcoding settings and disable "enable transcoding" and "assume apps support modern format." This will not work for videos already recorded but will work for future media. 

0 Likes
KJBrame
First Poster
Options

Oh my god I've been having the same issue for weeks. I've tried to speak to Samsung and they just told me to put my phone on safe mode but it hasn't done anything, and I have to send videos on there that are edited for work. I spoke to WhatsApp and they're saying the issue is with Samsung. But they're not being very helpful.

0 Likes
Neverdiephoenix
First Poster
Options

In the editor, click the three dots on the bottom right, then click create movie, then add videos and edit from there

Somehow there is a bug that the sound goes missing after edited videos are sent through WhatsApp, but it doesn't apply if we create new movie. 

Samsung, please fix this