Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service or signal bars and emergency calls

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 02:25 PM)
Joek1975
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having problems with my phone after the latest update, my phone will not read sim cards, I replaced my sim card via vodafone to confirm wasn't sim problem , still wouldn't read. I then tried my sim in another phone and it works fine.  I have tried a sim from another network and this is the same. It is either no service or signal bars and emergency calls only no matter where I am. I have factory reset the phone. I have tried airplane mode of and on, Manually selecting network operators this sorts problem for a few minutes sometimes,  tried clearing cache everything that I could find online.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi check your APN settings match those of your carrier. If not, enter the correct ones.
AndrewL
Options

@Joek1975: Further to the post by @Pugs1957, please head to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names to check your existing settings. You may also wish to try tapping the 3 dots in the top right > Reset To Defaults, to see if this helps. Tap the Back button > Network Operators > Select Automatically > On. Go back to the Connection settings screen > SIM Card Manager, and make sure that the relevant SIM is toggled on at the top of the screen. 

0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
I fear it is a hardware problem, clean the simcard so that the contacts shine a bit and try again, otherwise try with a simcard you know that works. also make sure you put the simcard in the right way around and the cut corner at the right corner. (I made that mistake ones. and don't put it in the sd slot (managed that as wwell) the APN settings are only relevant if you can make and receive calls and sms messages but the Internet doesn't work
0 Likes