Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service/Network

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 07:16 AM)
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Have a Galaxy S21 Ultra SM-G9980 snapdragon version. Everything was working well since i bought it in April till i received the July security update. Ever since i updated the phone with the July security update i stopped receiving any mobile service or network on both sims. The phone displays a 🚫 sign in the status bar. I have been unable to receive any network signal. The sims are working fine when i put them in another phone. I have tried everything from doing a hard reset to resetting networks settings but still facing the same issue. I am unable to manually select a mobile network as well. I even sent it for repairs and they cant seem to fix it. They say it's a software issue. This issue started immediately after i did the July security update. I've now gone weeks without any service. Other users have reported this same issue after doing the July security update.
32 REPLIES 32
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
When you said you sent it for repairs was that to authorised Samsung repairers or 3rd party?

Where did you purchase the phone from? Is there any sort of warranty with the retailer at all?
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
A 3rd party. The nearest samsung shop is quite far from me
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
It's just a case of elimination but have you checked if both of the IMEI numbers are blacklisted or not? I don't expect them to be. I know a 3rd party has checked the phone but I rather get that eliminated. I know this has happened after a firmware update but its just a case of checking... there are free blacklist checkers online.

Also, a 3rd party repairer could possibly void any warranty if they have opened the device up.

If after checking the IMEIs are both clean you may have to contact the 3rd party to see if there is anything they can do too.
0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
The IMEI is fine. It has not been blacklisted. I cant help but comclude that this is a software issue. Cos immediately the update was done, i was no longer receiving any service. I'm not even able to select a service manually. And I'm not the only one who faced this issue as you can see

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-no-network-conection-after-the-last-...
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah, I agree it must be a software issue from the sounds of it. I'm not advanced techie so what I'm saying can be completely silly or totally wrong but sounds like you can do with a software flash... flashing new firmware... that's compatible with the country you're in.

Samsung do offer a doorstep repair service but because you have the Snapdragon variant from a 3rd party... are they able to still fix it and at what cost...
0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
I flashed an older firmware when this happened. My phone is the Hong Kong snapdragon version. I'm in the UK. I dont know if its possible to flash a UK firmware without bricking the device. The problem was still there. Now I'm wishing i never did the July security update.
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried wiping cache partition🤷
0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Lmao...bruv. I've done crazier things than that all to no avail.
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Check my post I had literally the same issue sent for repairs and they can't repair it gave me a refund which will take a couple of weeks to get through support is incredibly lacking
0 Likes