Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service/ Emergency calls only

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 04:15 PM)
Adam12345678910
Student
Options
Hi, I am having problems with my phone after the latest update, my phone would not read sim cards, I replaced my sim card with another one, still wouldn't read. I then tried my sim in another phone and it works fine. I switched to e sim now it reads but I can't use my data or use calls or texts which I pay £50 a month for. It is either no service or signal bars and emergency calls only no matter where I am. I have factory reset the phone TWICE. I have tried airplane mode of and on, Manually selecting network operators and it will not let me, tried different apns, tried clearing cache everything that I could find online. The s21 Is meant to be a top of the line phone. Embarrassing on Samsung behalf to say the least, whenever I can I'm switching away from Samsung and never going back.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Adam12345678910 ,

that is definetely not the behaviour expected from the S21 series phones and their updates. Have you tried to run a Harware test on the phone to check if there is any issue with it? You can do this from the Samsumg Members app> Get help> Under Diagnostics, select View tests> SIM card.

If the results display a message saying Action Required in red please do contact Support to get a repair arranged. You can find all their contact details HERE. 

Adam12345678910
Student
Options
I ran diagnostic on everything and everything is fine.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Adam12345678910: I'm sorry to hear that your issue has persisted. If you head to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager, is your SIM highlighted at the top of the screen, and toggled on? If so, are your call and messages assigned to your preferred SIM? 

If you have returned the phone to it's factory settings, and not introduced any third party apps following the reset, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the phone to be inspected by one of our engineers. I understand that this isn't ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Motherboard is fried. Lots of people have faced this problem. Only solution was getting the motherboard replaced. For some reason updates are doing this to some phones
0 Likes
Ramp157
Journeyman
Options

Are you serious, just bought S21 Ultra on ebay and updated it to android 13. Must say didn't try the phone before updating!

Wonder if it's covered by Samsung warranty 

0 Likes