Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SD Card?

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 02:28 PM)
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Have I understood correctly that with the S21 Ultra you can not add an SD card? If true that's a pity

22 REPLIES 22
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Its wise to use a paid for cloud service over the free option but either way you do need to backup to another location, assuming your photos are valuable to you 🙂

Solution
oldman1972
Explorer
Options
agreed. The more primitive method of using my laptop and cable to external hard drive is also a backup option... I have a 4TB drive so this is the permanent backup avoiding cloud storage options.
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

If your photos are valuable you should use a paid for cloud storage never a free one, but either way you must backup to another place, pain but your choice 🙂

0 Likes
Mh215
First Poster
Options
I do think that without complete storage we are going backwards nice hi res picks keep my s20 with large storage without storage you cannot use the full potential of the phone .
Slapstar
Student
Options

I don't want "another viable option". I don't  want to pay a subscription for my phone data. Samsung should keep the micro sd card slot on their phones. I bought a plan with my S20 where I only pay for half the device and can then trade in. This plan is now worthless to me as there is no phone I want to upgrade to. How much video 4k video does a 128GB (standard model) phone hold? An hour? Absolutely stupid.

Solution
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Having had my S21 Ultra for almost a year I have not missed the SD card, but I do not do much in the way of photos or video and I did get the 512GB option phone

0 Likes
Thevenin
Student
Options

It is really stupid. They increase quality of the camera, and remove the place that helps storage those moments. 128GB model its like to buy an android phone with 4GB of space (Useless). Couple of good vids and pictures, and that's it: Phone is out of storage. 

Welcome to the new Apple Adroid....

AndrewL
Options

@Thevenin: I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Image files sizes will vary depending on factors such as the resolution/aspect they were captured in, and the length of your videos, but I still feel as though you should have plenty of space to store them on a 128GB model. If you're finding that your internal storage is filling up too fast, then all I can suggest is utilising cloud storage options such as OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox to backup up the files, then deleting the images and videos from your phone. I understand that this may not be ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
MrTimm
First Poster
Options

Yes, that is sadly true. IIf Samsung do not change it, so the Galaxy S22 supports MicroSD again, I will NOT purchase It, When It In January, Which Will Be The First Year I Haven't Upgraded To The New Model Since The Galaxy S1 In 2010.

Anon123456
Apprentice
Options

You should not assume the internal memory can suit any user, especially those of us who take a lot of photos and videos. You increase the photo and video quality, then take the way storage options? Forcing us to pay for additional storage? That is ridiculous, stop being Apple