Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SD Card slot - possible solution?

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 12:41 PM)
bluecat1
First Poster
Options

Hi

Im reading that some flagship devices are no longer shipping with SD Slots and are opting to greater onboard storage.

As a user of the SD slot to store customised ringtones and movies, it's very useful to have them stored off-device if, and when, you have to conduct a factory reset.

Not having this off-device solution means that any factory reset wipes everything off - a complete nightmare!

So my question today is that with the advent of greater onboard storage, would it be possible to partition said storage, thus allowing the segregation of content in a similar way to an sdcard and therefore preventing the loss and inconvenience caused by a factory reset?

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Do you think a USB C otg adapter is "special"? They're like £7 or £10 for an sd card reader. Sounds special.

Oh and because it's the S21 you shouldn't use any external devices, even a power bank. In fact with your logic, why even keep the USB C since its the S21 and we shouldn't ever be caught using it.
0 Likes
Thevenin
Student
Options

There is only one good answer: Samsung wants to make more money. As simple as that. They are copying Apple in everything we (The Samsung fans) hate about apple. 

They ditch the 3.5 jack port (I can live without that). 

They remove chargers from new smartphone's.

And now they removed Micro SD Card slots. I mean, the message is: The more you pay, the less you have. 

There is not a better alternative to micro SD Card. Anything else is worst. You pay a good price for a 512 or 1TB micro SD card and that's it. They say you can have a cloud (a subscription service). 

Samsung Galaxy's are now the new Apple Android Phones (yiauk....)

0 Likes