Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 12:00 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

Same issue for me. Set up phone using a BT mobile SIM. Now stuck on EUX.

Tried a reset, but now a load of the default apps aren't present. No Samsung members, calculator etc

Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Same. I just want the thing to work properly! update to the latest FW then factory reset
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
I don't get why it's so random?
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
I'm starting to wonder if the SIM removal truck only works if you haven't reset your phone?

after a reset some of the apps aren't installed like they usually are, Samsung Browser, Calculator etc?
0 Likes
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

It's really odd. Can't help but think some of the UK carriers aren't sending a message to the phones that Samsung are expecting them to.

Failed for me using BT and o2 though.

0 Likes
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

Just noticed, in Samsung health, all the notices they post for information/news are in German for me when using the app!

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
finally popped up this morning. Left it off overnight. Removed sim before booting it up. put it back in, booted, within a minute or so the popup appeared and it restarted installed.
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

That’s brilliant are you now BTU ? Which network I am sure you said but saves me going through the thread 

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Yeah. BTU now. Updates downloaded and I'm good to go.

EE Network
0 Likes
CurseT82
Student
Options
I am on three and was having the same problem. I turned off my WiFi and opened the three app and the app told me I needed to restart phone to update the network provider. rebooted and now fixed.
0 Likes