Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 04:01 PM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

I’ll keep checking until they pick it up - have also noticed something very weird the phone won’t charge with any other usb c cable and plug apart from a Samsung one - I have a Belkin usb block and it refuses to charge even though my Samsung tab s7 does and also my mi 10 t pro 

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

Could be fixed in the updates we can't get?

Using a pixel charger and an Apple USBC cable, it works but takes a few seconds to kick in charging.

IM going to flag it on Reddit/SamMobiles etc

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Problem is unless Samsung send it out for the EUX CSC we will never see it - it’s a massive issue on launch day , it’s not just one or two people I’ll keep trying over the weekend to get it configured correctly issue is you can’t just take it into a store to get them to look at it .... I pre ordered as it’s my first Samsung in a while and I wanted the new headphones and tag as well as the phone so I’ll do anything to solve it without returning it 

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

We shouldn't even be on EUX though to start with?

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Nope but the Samsung’s revert to that when they can’t find the network - I made an error on a Samsung ages ago and didn’t set it up with the sim installed and it went to EUX and I couldn’t revert it no matter what so had to return it for a refund (Samsung said that putting a sim in should have triggered UK updates and it didn’t so they said it was faulty ) let’s hope Samsung sort this urgently as it seems to be the same issue except this time I did put the sim in as never would make that mistake again 

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

Yeah I'm stumped at the moment. Someone else on Reddit said this method on this thread worked for them.

Wondering if it's a Network Provider issue or something? However saying that, i've seen some people say they setup on wifi then added the sim on EE and it's fine?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Hi all. Please can you attempt the following steps: Turn off phone > Take out SIM tray > Reinsert SIM tray > Turn on your phone, as this should prompt a network service provider update to rectify the issue. If you're still having difficulties, please reach out to the Samsung Pay Team on 0330 726 7729, where an advisor will be able to look into this for you. 

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

While we're happy to hear that the steps shared by our Community members have helped a lot of folks (kudos to @GMScribe), we would really like to get to the bottom of why some of you are continuing to experience issues and get this sorted for you. 

For those of you who are still unable to access Samsung Pay on your device after using the solution steps or making sure you go through the set-up process with the SIM card already installed while connected to Wi-FI. Please can you send us a private message to our moderation team @Sam_UK.

They'll need to collect: 

• Your IMEI (which shouldn't be shared in public)
  • Your  Service Provider information which can be found at: Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Service Provider Information. 
  • What country you're based in (we understand that this English speaking Community has participants from around the globe). 
    • We can escalate for UK, Ireland and Nordic countries directly and flag to other countries

Thanks, SachikoT

Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

Thanks @SachikoT

I've sent over a PM with the requested details.

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Will try to set my phone up again - is this likely to be fixed with a software update saxhikot or is it worth sending back to Samsung for a refund - it’s really took the new phone feeling off us today 😫 

I know Italy had the same issue which isn’t good 

0 Likes