Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications when screen is off

(Topic created on: 29-03-2022 03:57 PM)
Yackim
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody, 

I have a feeling that this issue has been posted the 100th time and I think I've read them all but could not find any solution that works.

I just received my Samsung Galaxy S21 and I'm struggling with the notifications.

What I want is that when I receive a notification it wakes up my lock screen or AOD briefly. When I'm working with my smartphone on my desk I know I got a notification that's all.

I enabled the brief popup but it only works and wake up the phone if it's a text message through the Samsung Messenger. All other services such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Teams, Outlook are all not waking up the screen.

I do get a vibration when something arrives but the screen stays black. If I tap to show the AOD or lock screen the notification is right there.

I layed my phone next to the one of my colleague because he has the exact same model and all our settings about notifications and AOD are the same.. 

To be honest, it is really killing me inside. Can somebody help me out please or confirm that this is a general issue?

Thank you for any response. 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try going settings
Lockscreen
Always on
Notifications On
0 Likes
Yackim
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220125-203535_Settings.jpg

Thanks for the swift reply! But that setting is already on, which made at least get the text messages come through.. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try going settings
Lockscreen
Always on
Notifications On
Always on Display
Show Always
0 Likes
Yackim
First Poster
Options

Hello Steve,

Thanks again. If I set the always on display to always on I will see the notifications coming in. But I want to avoid the screen to be always on. I want it to be out (pitch black) and light up with a popup or something else when a notification is received.

The person I compared my settings with has this working just fine. Screen is locked, always display on is set to 'tap to show 10 seconds',and he still get his popup notifications coming in. 

0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Mine is also set to tap to show and works the way you described it. the only thing I can see different is I have Notifications set to Icons Only instead of Detailed and also have to make sure Power Saving mode is off. Other than that I can't think of anything else to suggest other than making sure the apps have permission to display pop notifications
0 Likes
Yackim
First Poster
Options

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes I tried the difference between brief and detailed but it made no difference. Power saving option is completely off. I'm getting a new Samsung S21 tomorrow to run some tests with it. Hopefully that device is working just fine.. 

0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Ok, sorry I couldn't help but hopefully the new phone gets it sorted
0 Likes
CBFJBF
First Poster
Options

Hi! Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I am having the same exact problem and like you have searched and searched online for an answer but cannot find it. Thanks for any help you can provide! 

0 Likes
Jinups
First Poster
Options

coming from pixel to samsung s20 fe. I really annoyed with this issue.

I have to press the button to look at the notification.