Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification sound

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 08:19 PM)
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Any one else having problem with no notification sound on s20 ultra when receiving Txt messages and what’s app? Just vibrates instead. It comes and goes it’s weird  When someone rings there is sound tried all settings spoke to Samsung they went though all settings as well but still not resolved problem.  But be a bug after last update

44 REPLIES 44
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
snapdragon is the processor or "brain" of a smartphone/tablet etc. made by the company Qualcomm, and exynos is Samsung's own in-house processor.
Elena1123
Explorer
Options
my reply back from them is make sure you have not got ur phone on mute 🙄🙄🙄🙄 really common Samsung and reset phone etc also said no one reported issue I said well look at you forum there few post on it. its taking the ***** now
0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Any luck anyone?

0 Likes
SkyeBlu
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issues with my s20. I've spent the best part of yesterday and today trying to fix it. Thought I had on occasions for the first notification to sound and then revert back to vibrating! I have even done a soft rest to no avail. I've been into each individual app and set sounds and I have even deleted zedge thinking it was that. I have disconnected all Bluetooth devices incase it was connecting to one in the background. Really had enough now. Seems to be all notifications messages, Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat even email. I do get incoming call sounds though.
0 Likes
Herushi
First Poster
Options
Same here. First time I used the phone, it has a sound, but the following days there was none.
0 Likes
Donnabambi
Apprentice
Options
I called Samsung today and they told me to check i didn't have it set to mute!! I said give me some credit i might be 58 but I know the simple ABCs on how to set my phones notifications... she told me to reboot my phone also to uninstall messenger and whats app and reinstall too which I have but hey ho still not working... i also told them to check the forum as its a serious issue with many but I guess its going to be like pushing treacle up hill 🤷‍♀️ i will call them again tomorrow
0 Likes
Aceclub
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem with my S21 Ultra.  Not sure what to make of it.  Comes and goes.  Very weird.

da53mak
Student
Options
I've got the same issue, after all the "is it on mute" questions, this is the latest response...

Thanks for confirming. We've looked into this with our friends in the Samsung Community, and a few other people have had similar experiences. In this instance, we'd like you to send our developers an Error Report within 15 minutes of encountering the issue - in this case, when you receive a standard SMS without a notification noise:

1. From the Samsung Members app, tap the "?" icon.
2. Tap Error Reports.
3. A message will populate to log data stored in system. You can choose to Always Send or Just This Time. We do recommend being connected to Wi-Fi network depending on your mobile network plan.
4. Once you have selected system log data, you will be able to choose from category on what issue your device might be experiencing. Please choose a category to proceed with "Error Reports".
5. Lastly, please enter the details, and attach any relevant screenshots you may have. Once complete, tap on Send. Please note, attach screenshots where possible to better ensure an answer for your inquiry. This will help resolve the issue you're experiencing.
6. Allow some time for the team to get back to you. You will receive a notification within Samsung Members when you receive a response.

We're confident that once they're able to see the system logs, we'll be able to get you a solution. ^JS
0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

I got told same thing have u got it on mute🤦‍♀️

0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Same I get phone calls with sound 

0 Likes