Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification sound

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 11:38 PM)
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Any one else having problem with no notification sound on s20 ultra when receiving Txt messages and what’s app? Just vibrates instead. It comes and goes it’s weird  When someone rings there is sound tried all settings spoke to Samsung they went though all settings as well but still not resolved problem.  But be a bug after last update

44 REPLIES 44
Dan565
Explorer
Options
I did, they said you have to check if sound is on in setting and by going to app notifications
0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

When I did a web chat before they said this to me but all my settings were fine everything was on loud nothing on mute etc . I think it’s a bug with new update 

0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Samsung must read this forum and see people are having issues with it. 

0 Likes
Bananaz
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. S20 Ultra on Verizon. Tried clearing cache partition, multiple reboots, changing text alert sound...works for a minute and then no sound again.

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
have you tried using Google Messages to see if you get a notification sound with that? it is the default messaging app on my S21 Ultra and I have just text my S20 Ultra before writing this from it and it received it immediately with notification sound. you have S21 series in tagged and S20 Ultra written in your post.
0 Likes
Bananaz
First Poster
Options

Using stock messaging app. Tried Verizon message plus and Google messaging app with same result. Friends phone isn't working either on stock messenger on Galaxy S9.

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
it could be a Snapdragon issue, I have exynos versions of both phones I listed and they are both making sound when receiving messages via Google & Stock, and as far as I'm aware, A70 & A71 both use Snapdragon too, which are both listed, as will S9 ( I'm assuming with you mentioning Verizon ) I hope you all get it resolved soon 🤞🏻
0 Likes
Elena1123
Explorer
Options

Hopefully they will send out other patch update soon

0 Likes
Members_gHk6xYn
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same issue. Posting here to check for any updates.

0 Likes
Donnabambi
Apprentice
Options
excuse my stupidity but what is snap dragon 🐉 🤔 i don't understand the tech stuff
0 Likes