Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no charger

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 09:59 AM)
dcb009
Apprentice
Options
I think it's a completely wrong that I have purchased a new Samsung s21 and there is no charger cable or plug. I have gave my old s10 to my daughter so now I have to go and buy a new charger for my s21.
How can a company sell me a phone without any accessories at all.
If someone was swapping for I phone to Samsung they would have to go and buy a charger to use their new phone.
If I use a none genuine charger or plug and the battery fails do you still give me warranty?
9 REPLIES 9
Sands95
Journeyman
Options
I received my S21 and it came with a cable as expected, however, it does not come with a charger plug and you would need to purchase this as you cannot charge with just any other plug due to changes they've made. This is also the case with IPhone as they only give you the cable now ..
0 Likes
dcb009
Apprentice
Options
I only got a C cable to transfer data from phone to phone.
I am currently changing with an old charger plug and it's taking forever to charge.
I don't really care about i phone and what they do. I have never had one and never will.
I care that Samsung are not supplying me with a plug and cable to charge my phone
0 Likes
dcb009
Apprentice
Options
800 pounds for a phone and no charger with it.
it's diabolical
0 Likes
Sands95
Journeyman
Options
No, that USB C cable is for charging your phone and should fit in perfectly with the new charger plug as attached

Screenshot_20210214-095347_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
dcb009
Apprentice
Options
thank you. I have just found that out ,
I didn't realise.
I still have to buy that C plug.
just feels a scam to get some more money out off me
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Because many of us still have our old chargers but more and more have bought wireless chargers.

dcb009
Apprentice
Options
I know more like helping there sales and profit 🤣
Aaron J
Journeyman
Options

I think this is a bit of a 2 edged sword.

On the one hand it allows for the reduction of packaging and waste materials such as old charge bricks and un-needed ones but also reduces the freight volume by about 20-30% which has a big impact on the transportation carbon footprint of a product (usually one of the largest contributors to the total carbon footprint for  product).

On the other hand you have a £50 reduction in the msrp/rrp for the new generation s21 vs 20 which is enough to purchase both a wired and wireless charger or set of earbuds but many consumers won't appreciate or understand this choice and would rather a choice of a "full fat" retail box and a "lite" version for those who don't need the extras or would prefer to choose their own.

If Samsung think this is a good idea, I'll take a Tab S7+ as thanks 😊 

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You and millions of other consumers are still buying and going to buy their phones, even without the charger. So they have 0 incentive to change.