Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 10hz on the S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:52 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Samsung stated that when not touching the display it will be 10hz. Lowest mine goes is 48hz.

15 REPLIES 15
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
wonder if Samsung forgot to enable this ??? probably need a software update to enable it..
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Would 10hz not be so obvious to see? I was thinking of this when I read about it. 10 screen refreshes a second sounds like something you would notice easily.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
it would just save battery when you aren't touching the display.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
But doesn't a display not have to constantly refresh over and over? Or is that a thing of the past? If so the why not 1 Hz haha. I'm probably being dumb here.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Is this the setting in developer mode where you can check? What happens if you just look at your home screen doing nothing.
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
I think the only time it'll possibly go down to 10 Hz is if the Always On Display is on, since some people like to leave it Always on and 10 Hz would save lots of battery. It would be very silly if Samsung would lower the refresh rate to 10 Hz whilst the screen is on.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah that would make sense. I've got the developer mode setting on at the moment and it only ever goes from 60 when the screen is still to 120 when I scroll or type. It re. ains at 60 even when you just stare at your home screen until the display turns off. I just read it can be set to 96hz somewhere that sounds like a decent inbetween.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I found this screen overlay widget in CPUWatch in developer mode which correlates to the FPS quite well. I watched a regular YouTube video and it said 30fps then i specifically typed for a 60fps and it showed 61. Though it goes lower, it went to 1.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Weird.

Screenshot_20210226-010933_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-010719_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes