Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 04:51 PM)
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hi all testing out the camera today after the new one ui 4 and just wanted to ask if u take a picture not using the night mode without flash does the night mode get activated??
The top picture here was with night mode on 
And the bottom picture was taken as a normal photo without flash and both pointing to an entrance of the woods which is dark and this was taken about 5 mins ago 

8 REPLIES 8
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe if you have 'scene optimiser' ON in settings it may automatically do it.

But I have noticed since the beta the scene optimiser icon is not there on the bottom right anymore.

I believe it flashes the icon its shooting in now.

Like for night it may flash the moon 🌙
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Thankyou your absolutely right scence optimizer was on in settings no icon but when you go into a dark room it does say use night mode. But what's the point of using night mode if they both do the same thing.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess they are just giving you options. Not all may like the dark areas lifted up ( more noise) some may prefer dark as can be like what the iPhone are doing.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I have tested this issue myself Mimo40 and have discovered that night mode is selected automatically on my S21 Ultra when using the optimizer in very low light conditions BUT better results are gained when manually selecting night mode. Relying on the optimizer gives almost a night mode lite result to me when I have used it. It uses less exposure time on occasions when I have tested the two side by side.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah I have noticed that night mode is more brighter but what i like is that night mode is better than before. Looking forward to see results shooting stars when the cloud clears.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Indeed GoanGeek. In Photo mode it is impossible to get a quality dark looking night pictures on my S21 Ultra. Turn the optimizer off and take a picture in very low light and all you get is a muddy mess. The night mode though can give very very good and detailed but very well lit results. I don't know if Pro mode can deliver deliberately dark but clean results for those looking for this?.
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Try setting ISO to 500 and the shutter icon to 2 on pro mode :smiling-face:
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Oh yeah and keep it steady maybe adjust the ISO between 500 and 800 with the shutter icon on 2 and press the circle at the top right and change it to spot, you might not get the sharpest pics this way but you should have good dark parts with low grain :smiling-face: