Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update screen freezing

(Topic created on: 19-02-2022 09:45 PM)
samxo
Journeyman
Options
Anyone having issues with s21 fe screen freezing after the most recent update tried a troubleshooting nothing is resolving the issue so frustrating happens on a daily basis. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Whiteythereaper
Student
Options
I'm having it on A52 5G, sometimes my home screen and all app interaction stops working and the only thing that fixes it is resetting. Something in the new OneUI update is causing a freeze
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you both cleared your system cache? It's important to do this after an update.
0 Likes
samxo
Journeyman
Options
Yeah only way I can fix it frustrating
0 Likes
samxo
Journeyman
Options
Tried everything
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@samxo: Are you encountering this issue when using a certain app or feature? Can you try pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power/Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Now, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, then select Memory > Clean Now. I'd also recommend tapping the graph symbol in the top right corner can checking the App Issue History, to see if any app issues are listed that correspond with the freezing you're experiencing. 

0 Likes
samxo
Journeyman
Options
Not using any particular apps when this happens. Can do it when just unlocking my device. Seems to be a common occurnace since your mist latest software update I have seen other report it too
0 Likes
Chas2427
Journeyman
Options
Factory reset was what worked for me so backup everything.
0 Likes
Co0ola
First Poster
Options

Having a same issue after update with my s21. Mostly happens when Iam typing on keyboard. Touch screen Just freezes and only things that are working are gestures and settings. Tried to clear cache, uninstall apps that were having problems in history. But still happening 1 or 2 Times a Day. Same thing hapend few monts ano, but I fexed it by Just switching to diferent keyboard (Samsung instead of gboard) but now its something diferent. Really pissing me off, I bought an expensive phone for not having these kind of issues.

0 Likes