Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update S21 Exynos

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 08:09 PM)
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys, there is a new update for my unlocked S21. Has anyone already updated theirs and knows what is new or improved?

6 REPLIES 6
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So far, this AUB8 update is only for the S21 and S21+ devices.

For more details, see...

AUB8 update for Global S21/S21 Plus, bugfix/camera update

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
this is just the February security update.
0 Likes
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
I downloaded and installed it this evening. I can certainly see an improvement in the camera performance. Images are noticeably better with more detail and dynamic range. Also heard back from Samsung customer services today after almost two weeks of emails requesting to return the device. coincidence? I suspect not. Will need more testing but early impressions, good improvements but still more work to be done. jpeg compression is still a problem but the horrible noise suppression I had before is now very much reduced.
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
Ok, I might install it soon as well. I hope they improved battery life. My S21 Exynos gets around 5hr SOT with dark mode on and other settings optimized as well, hoping for something better
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I wonder if the Bluetooth range/performance on the S21 and S21+ deteriorates with this update like the latest updates for the S21 Ultra did?

0 Likes
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
needs more testing on the camera front. seems only to improve the aggressive noise reduction in lowlight. compression is still an issue though. gonna be waiting months to see improvements across the board as far as the camera goes.
0 Likes