Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone died already

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 04:53 PM)
kmack
Explorer
Options

Well ive had the s21 ultra for like 2 months and its already dead, watched a movie in bed lastnight no problems, woke up this morning and screen was black as usual, tried to wake it but nothing happened, thought it might have shut down so tried to turn it on, vibrated but still screen was black, plugged charger in and screen started flickering green with horizontal lines, double tap screen and they go away back to black screen. 

Cant even get to backup or save any data as screen is dead and cant get to screenlock to unlock it.

Gotta say im very disappointed this happened on a new and very expensive phone.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Belle83
First Poster
Options
Try holding power and volume down together for about 8 seconds.. anyway until u see the screen should flash and it'll vibrate then samsung should pop up
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@kmack 

the phone should have drained all the battery charge

try charging the phone for at least 30 minutes

then try turning on

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Has the issue resolved itself at all @kmack 

If not please contact the retailer or network that supplied the phone to you.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help when / if they are open.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anat Fleischman
First Poster
Options

I bought galaxy s21+ in a pre-sale 3 months ago, last weekend it just died. I can't believe I paid so much for junk. I had the galaxy 2,3,5,8,10... 21 will be my last Samsung phone.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anat Fleischman  @kmack : I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue, as this is not what we'd expect from the Galaxy S21 range. If you connect the phone to your charger and leave it for 20-30 minutes, then press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds, can you boot it up in this manner? If not, I encourage you to reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to arrange an inspection under warranty. Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

0 Likes
Anat Fleischman
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL, I tried all of your suggestions but the phone is still black. I'm not in the US, I already brought my phone to a Samsung store, I am now waiting (10 days) for the results of the test by the technical team.

0 Likes
kmack
Explorer
Options

I tried all that usual things and didnt work,  called my provider EE and told them, ive now sent it back to be repaired/replaced.

0 Likes
kmack
Explorer
Options
Turns out it was the battery that failed, repaired under warranty.
0 Likes