Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUKG Android 12 bugfix update rolling out in U.K.

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 04:54 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE] Now available for the U.K.

Only 11 days after the initial release of stock Android 12, Samsung have begun rolling out their second official stock update of Android 12, One UI 4, for the S21 series of international devices.

With a Build date of just 3 days ago, it would seem that this is a bugfix update.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3BUK8build on the international devices.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

BUKG UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU3BUKG

Download = 330.59MB

Build date = 23 November 2021

Release date = 26 November 2021

Camera version = 12.0.00.83 (no change)

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 November 2021

This is the 21st stable update for the Exynos model in 305 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
40 REPLIES 40
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@-Robot- 

For an unlucky few a Factory Reset is the best option to sort out their issues. I always perform a Factory Reset and a clean, fresh, install when doing a platform update, Android 11 to 12 for instance, as I know that if there are issues it is not my old apps and settings causing the problem.

EhGNz3K.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

998BOX...bk8

998/ds is my model 

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Not ready for that as I have work stuff here too.. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

To locate your devices CSC code, go to...

Settings >About phone > Software information > Service provider software version (see screenshot)

HLAT5Gp.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Still no BUKG update for U.K. users on the carrier branded Three network on CSC code H3G.

0 Likes
FewerBugsPls
First Poster
Options

What's the link for that page?

0 Likes
FewerBugsPls
First Poster
Options

Can anyone with the BUKG release confirm if it fixes the very bad lag when you double tap on the Recent Apps button? Please confirm that you experienced it before and that it is resolved now. I'm on BUKF and it's still an issue for me. Thanks!

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@FewerBugsPls 

The link for what, please?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

BUKF release is for the U.S.A. Snapdragon models and not the European Exynos devices that do not suffer from the problem refresh rate and lag issues. 

See...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/bd-p/GalaxyS21

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

At long last and only 3 weeks late, the Three network carrier branded devices on CSC code H3G, have finally received the BUKG update described in post #1

Now all they need is the December Security patch, BUL1, that was released a week ago.

0 Likes