Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUKG Android 12 bugfix update rolling out in U.K.

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 04:43 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE] Now available for the U.K.

Only 11 days after the initial release of stock Android 12, Samsung have begun rolling out their second official stock update of Android 12, One UI 4, for the S21 series of international devices.

With a Build date of just 3 days ago, it would seem that this is a bugfix update.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3BUK8build on the international devices.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

BUKG UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU3BUKG

Download = 330.59MB

Build date = 23 November 2021

Release date = 26 November 2021

Camera version = 12.0.00.83 (no change)

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 November 2021

This is the 21st stable update for the Exynos model in 305 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
40 REPLIES 40
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Still have k8 update already did that. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lforest 

So, you have not installed the latest BUKG bugfix update then, to see if that helps with your Play Store issue. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

My phone hasn't received it thru fota or was switch

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lforest 

Sounds like you have a carrier branded model for either Vodafone (VOD) or Three (H3G) networks which need to certify their updates before Samsung can release them and are typically slow. This time round, both EE and O2 have been quick off the mark. 

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

I have 998b in Latin America. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have same issue, so just backed up and did factory reset

Lets hope thats fixes it, not ideal solution but i am hoping that will fix it
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I know it can be a pain in the rear orifice but I have learnt from bitter experience that it is the best way to solve some issues rather than spending loads of time trying to track down what is causing the problems.

I would advise you to check out your device after the Factory Reset and if OK, redownload your apps afresh rather than restoring from a previous back-up as you may be just importing the problems once again.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

BUKG has been released for the U.K. carrier branded devices on Vodafone (CSC code VOD).

No news on the Three (H3G) update yet... as usual.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lforest 

Latin America... in that case you could probably take a short holiday before it releases for your area, judging from previous updates.

What is your devices CSC code?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well phoen fully returned to normal after factory reset..... My least favourite thing to do as I have so much on my phone

But so far so good after good clean out everything seems fine

So biting the bullet is hard but worth it