Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network splash screen

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 07:57 PM)
T_C
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I have a suggestion. You could make an update that removes network splash screens when you power on/off the phone, I paid for an unlocked phone but since I set it up with a Three sim, now every time I turn the phone on/off the 3 logo comes up in the middle of the screen, they are a bad network for doing this.
8 REPLIES 8
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Sounds like the handset is originally from the 3 network and I believe all their devices come unlocked. If it was properly sim free... it wouldn't have had any network branding software.

It would be nice to have the option to turn this feature on n off but that's the way of some networks promoting themselves.

There are ways of removing or changing firmware but I don't know too much about that side of thing and you may risk bricking the phone.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It depends on your phone's CSC code. Samsung's unlocked CSC code = BTU. Three's carrier locked code = H3G.

To check your CSC code, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version...

CSC code_Settings 3.jpeg.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
As far as I know, handsets from Three are not carrier locked, they are only carrier branded. The phone is still unlocked but it just have the Three firmware installed.
thehypnootoad
Journeyman
Options
Tried doing btu with csc still no avail
01kingj
Student
Options

I too have found this to be problematic, i purchased a refurbished, unlocked S21 Ultra, put my Vodafone Sim in, but the origin Software still has the THREE logo on boot and shut down, the annoying thing is i presume i will be locked into updates for the phone only when Three release updates, (this may be the old method though). 

Certainly should be able to disable the branding logo and Bloat ware as an owner of the phone, or it should switch with the Carriers Sim inserted.

my understanding now is that the S21 range don't allow for the original software to really be removed even after an Odin CSC firmware flash to the Samsung default. 

If anyone comes across a work around (without a custom Rom) let me know... even if its replacing the Three logo with a black image. 

0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Did you manage to find a way? The three logo is so tacky and very unprofessional looking
0 Likes
01kingj
Student
Options

Unfortunately not, even after going to a phone unlocking service, the three splash screen was locked in, i did read that there was a 'patched version' of an 'unlocker' that could flash the phone back to the baseline, but this isn't something i was prepared to do on the handset. Ironically.... the S21 Ultra recently passed away, and i purchased the S22 directly from Samsung... in a sense... an expensive way to get rid of the splash screen, but it worked i suppose. lol . 

0 Likes
xynny
First Poster
Options
0 Likes