Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network and app issues after UI 4.0 Android 12 Update

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 06:42 AM)
Mangofirst
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy S21 5G (S21+) and so does my husband.  After the Android 12 update, we are both having issues with network data.  Phone calls and normal text messages are fine, but MMS are coming through with the little "No subject/Message size/Expires" download message, message.  Also, on all browsers and apps that use data, unless I'm using separate Wi-Fi, nothing works.  On browsers I get the "No internet connection" message across the top. 

The connection issues have been sporadic.  Sometimes I have a data connection, and sometimes I don't.  Restarts sometimes help and sometimes they don't.  I have removed/reinserted the SIM, cleared cache, restarted, hard restarted.  I have not cleared the partition cache nor have I done a factory reset.

23 REPLIES 23
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
There are a few issues
With the android 12 update
That maybe causing a few problems you could maybe wait for the next update fix that will hopefully fix a lot of these problems

Or could try below If helps

Hi
After a system update
Always clear the cache
Clears old temp files

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

And try reset Network
Go settings
General management
Reset

Reset Network settings

And see if
helps solve your issue
Mangofirst
Apprentice
Options

Thanks so much!  This is the first response I've seen on a post about issues after the update that admits there are multiple issues.  Also, I've read 4-5 different posts about network issues and this is the first I've heard of the Network reset.  Thanks for the validation and the options.  I really want to back up my phone before doing a partition cache clear, even though I know it doesn't affect your personal files.

hasham11
Explorer
Options

I am having the same issue and every time the network goes, the flight mode icon greys out, as if someone had just switched flight mode on and off. This is definitely a software glitch and Samsung needs to fix this ASAP! 

0 Likes
Praveen Kumar
Apprentice
Options

Yep! This is the first time I'm seeing someone agree there are software issues present. That's a relief! At least, I will now wait for a software update to fix them, rather than get my phone exchanged or sold.

0 Likes
hasham11
Explorer
Options

Samsung has to fix up, this is totally unacceptable, loads of people across the world are facing the same issue, and quite a few have already replaced their phones, got motherboards changed, got their software reflashed, yet the problem is just a fix from Samsung or just not update to android 12. 

0 Likes
LK1
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I'm having exactly the same problem. Just updated my S21+ to Android 12 yesterday and have had nothing but trouble with connection issues,  not being able to make calls , not recieving mms, can't access internet, etc. Come on Samsung.... surely you have better quality control than to roll out a major  update that causes such basic and serious problems as this with what Is now for most people an essential piece of tech. This is going to make my work very difficult and I'll probably have to get a spare phone in the interim. Wasting hundreds of dollars because Samasung didn't do their due diligence. See you soon Apple. 

0 Likes
Hayden_
First Poster
Options

Hi, i had the same problem. Go to Settings - Connections - Network Settings and change network mode to 4G/3G/2G

5G is what's stuffing up I think. This change solved my network issues 

0 Likes
Nart Roustom
First Poster
Options

I am the same here, updated my software yesterday then I've noticed my whole network drops off , no calls no txts no mms no data. 

My s21 ultra 5g was perfect before and only 4 months old , now it feels like am in the dark ages 

0 Likes
Nart Roustom
First Poster
Options

@Hayden_ wrote:

Hi, i had the same problem. Go to Settings - Connections - Network Settings and change network mode to 4G/3G/2G

5G is what's stuffing up I think. This change solved my network issues 

The phone is 5G , why should we take off the 5g option because of a silly software update 

0 Likes