Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Bar on S21 won't disappear

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 03:36 PM)
Members_msxJOyr
Apprentice
Options

Hi

My child was touching and swiping at my screen and he's now somehow managed to pin the navigation button bar so it stays there constantly. I know it isn't normally like this and its driving me crazy. Can anyone advise me on what's happened and what to do please.

8 REPLIES 8
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
sup, im no expert but have you tried rebooting your device?
0 Likes
Members_msxJOyr
Apprentice
Options

Reboot as in restart? If so yes nothing. If I do a reset will I lose everything on my phone?

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Open navigation bar settings. Open Settings, tap Display, and then tap Navigation bar.

Turn on Swipe gestures.

Or Tap Buttons to disable gestures and restore the navigation buttons.

HM9K
Pioneer
Options
factory resetting does infact erase all data but it can be recovered via google account connected
0 Likes
Members_msxJOyr
Apprentice
Options

Just tried no luck 😞

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Touch “Settings” -> “Display” -> “Navigation bar” -> “Buttons” -> “Button layout”. Choose the pattern in “Hide navigation bar” -> When the app opens, the navigation bar will be automatically hidden and you can swipe up from the bottom corner of the screen to show it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_msxJOyr: I'm a little confused, as it isn't possible to hide the Navigation Bar unless you have Swipe Gestures activated in Settings > Display > Navigation Bar. Do you have GoodLock installed on your S21? If so, have you tried checking in there for the relevant option? 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check Accessibility button.
Screenshot_20220105-171434_Accessibility_11687_1641402874.jpg
0 Likes