Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rant to Samsung

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 08:49 AM)
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Samsung if you are listening I have a few words of advice for you based on my recent experience.

Personally I feel you as a company are going down the wrong path by blindly following apple. I have been a long time Samsung user and have always chosen the brand as it offered a premium experience, much like Apple, with the key difference being you offered me choice as a consumer.

I currently own a note 9 and that phone was a 0 compromise phone which offered me everything I could want in a phone back then. A stylus, a headphone jack, an sd card slot, cameras that actually took great photos heck even a charger. Remember those?

But I recently purchased an S21U and besides quality issues with the camera, it felt pretty much like a downgrade to me. You've taken away all the choice you once offered me as a consumer, blindly following the likes of Apple by removing the headphone jack then the sd card slot and the charger from the box. In doing so you have made yourself undifferentiated from other companies. You want to charge me £1300 for an S21U but after making me compromise on the things mentioned above. To to add insult to injury you give me a phone with an exynos chip with cameras that underperforms vs what my peers get in the US. Why then should one buy a Samsung vs a one plus or a xiaomi? The mi11 offers an almost similar experience to your S21U for nearly half the price. So what am I, as a consumer, paying you more for? Your marketing campaigns? I don't see any differentiation anymore in your products vs a budget brand. In fact the experience I had was so bad I sent the S21U back. 

In blindly copying apple I am sure you have made a ton of profit saving on parts and I'm sure you laugh at us suckers on your way to the bank. But what you forget is that apple have an ecosystem in place that keeps people tethered to the brand while you don't. So jokes on you. There are only so many compromises one can make before the value proposition starts to pinch. Keep this up and you are going to lose in the long run, you will be the next Nokia. You used to be the anti apple, an alternative for people who didn't want to buy apple now you're a joke. You poke fun at Apple then copy them blindly.. Haha 

People like me who do not see a difference in your products vs products from a brand like Xiaomi have already started to make a switch in our households. I have stopped using Samsung pay, Samsung notes and other similar Samsung services in order to make it easier for me to make the switch in a few months time. You do realise that with android phones switching is much easier thanks to Google? This switch will also extend to my wife my parents and anyone else who asks me for a recommendation. You have made it incredibly hard to recommend a Samsung phone today. Previously I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Samsung because I knew your phones were the best, 0 compromise and worth the extra money. But that isn't the case anymore. 

My advice to you is to be different, be the innovative pioneering brand that we have come to know. Embrace your differentness rather than blindly copying apple. Offer me choice again. I wouldn't mind paying £1300 for your flagship if it gave me choice again. Bring back the headphone jack, sd card and ship your phones with a charger. If not, I am sure me and several other loyal customers have no real reason to pay you for what we can get elsewhere for half the price. I am sure I cant be the only one feeling this way and many here echo this sentiment. 

59 REPLIES 59
Notamech
Voyager
Options
I agree Samsung does work well for the things that matter. My work phone is an iPhone and I hardly use it as I find it quite dull but I guess if I use it more I'd probably notice the bugs. I use a note 9 as my daily driver and my experience is similar to yours. It has been super stable does everything I need and then more. The only downside is the half day battery. I wish Samsung made phones like this today.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea true only thing I hate about the fe is that chrome ring round the camera lol
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I have always said battery life with samsung is a major draw back but hey I am always next to a charger, I will be honest with you I think deep down I do slightly prefer iphone the reason for this is bugs aside it works well and an android phone is a bit wasted on me, I don't customize anything, I don't use any of the freedom you get with android and I literally just Facebook, surf Internet, watch YouTube and write posts all day. you do get alot more for your money with samsung but this phone for example, I have never uses reverse charging, never used 120hz and have the resolution on 1080p. the only thing that I really use that the iPhone can't is the AOD but like I said the bugs last time round were that bad that it's probably scared me off iphone forever, even tho I still have all the accessory spare and waiting. If samsung can bring me 8 hours SOT on a 6.2 inch phone with a fair amount of standby thrown in then I will literally have the perfect phone
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
what iphone is it? I think the ones with major issues are 11 onwards and the se 2020 my iPhone xs was bug free
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Mate you should totally customise your phone and use the Samsung features. I know its easy to be stuck in our ways. I was the same when I moved to my note 9. Then I watched a video on YouTube on the various features now I can't go back. Even a 2 year old phone is so powerful, it's a productivity machine! I don't know if you've used samsung Dex. Its kick ass! My laptop died last year and I just didn't bother buying a new one and frankly I don't miss it either with Dex you can do almost everything you did on a pc anyway. The iPhone is an iPhone SE. It works fine for work stuff like slack emails and calls I don't use it for much else. I multitask a lot on my phone and and iPhone would never work for me.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea fair enough yes I use dex but on the tab s7, maybe I should use mire features and to hell with battery I upgrade every 18 months anyway, to be honest I just love the way the phone comes I like stock one ui but I do agree I need to use the phone to its full potential
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea split screen is awesome but again I need to use it more
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Yeah maybe start with downloading this app called goodlock. Within it download multistar. It changes the way you multitask. You are not limited to split screen then you can have several apps in small pop up windows similar to a desktop. The boxes are small but it's good to scroll though social media shop online and watch YouTube all at the same time. Also if possible get this app called YouTube vanced. Its a modified YouTube app which needs to be side loaded you won't find it on the playstore but it's so good. It does away with ads and gives you most youtube premium features for free. I feel like these are the things one really can't get on an iPhone.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
oh OK will try that, I have just actived 120hz and wow what a difference, tried a higher res as well (can't have both but didn't notice any difference) I pay for youtube premium so will give that try.
0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Yeah you must use the 120hz display it's what you paid more for and yes the difference is noticeable in fact it's hard to go back after you've used it for a while. The higher res in my opinion is not something that makes a massive difference at least I can't tell the difference most of the time plus it takes extra battery. I reckon we're all stuck at home anyway so battery isn't that important at this point so use the 120hz il say.
0 Likes