Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My main camera will not focus unless I shake the phone.

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 03:03 PM)
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
I'm not sure when or how it happened but now whenever I want to try and take a picture the camera won't automatically focus and when I shake the phone around I do hear rattling so I think the sensor has mabie fallen out of place?
If anyone knows what to do to help it would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@DazzaF: My first thought when you mentioned a rattling sound was the Optical Image Stabilisation component, however this should only be audible if you shake the phone while the Camera app is closed. Is this the case? 

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/do-you-hear-a-small-noise-from-inside-of-the....

Regarding the focus issue, have you tried tapping on the area of the viewfinder you want to focus on to see if you're able to improve the clarity of the picture? 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had this issue in a previous phone as to where the focus of the camera wouldn't stabilise when taking a photo unless I gently shook the phone @DazzaF 

I would suggest to let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look at your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

chameo
Apprentice
Options

This is a common issue with Samsung phones. Got the S20 Note ultra. This is not acceptable for such an expensive phone. Google it and you will see that many have the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/md0kan/my_camera_will_not_focus_s20_ultra/?utm_medium=a...

DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Only just remembered that I posted this 😭😂
But yea that is a good idea thanks:)
0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Well mine happened because a chair got dropped onto the camera I think
0 Likes
chameo
Apprentice
Options

I see, well that may explain your issue. But many have this issue randomly appear after a while and it doesn't seem like it was fixed in the S21 either: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/nyxhkh/s21_ultra_main_camera_not_focusing/

0 Likes
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
Oh yea no I wasn't blaming samsung I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a cheaper way to fix it than getting the whole cameras replaced
Raghunathpuri
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. S20 ultra seems to have this issue . I have to vigorously shake the phone for the main camera to gain focus. After the shake ritual it works fine for an hour or so even if you keep the phone down and then the main camera becomes blurry again . Don't know what is a permanent fix for this . Many people have reported the same issue and the only  solution so far is to shake the camera vigorously for a few seconds 

0 Likes
Raghunathpuri
Apprentice
Options

I totally concur . Is there no permanent fix for this . I wonder what is the cause for this issue 

0 Likes