Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected in charging port!

(Topic created on: 19-05-2021 08:18 PM)
EmmaLouiseH
Student
Options
I've had nothing but issues with charging my S21 Ultra 5G! I've had the phone since February and initially had no problems at all. Since March my phone is constantly coming up with the warning message of moisture detected in charging port! My phone has not been exposed to moisture and I have cleaned out the charging port and even the charger end. I've followed all the steps advised on the warning message and still had no luck! My phone can be charging (when the warning message has finally cleared) and all of a sudden start with the warning noise saying moisture has been detected. If the message does not display whilst my device is charging the minute I unplug my device the message appears! I've also turned the device off and back on to see if the message clears but it doesn't! I've never had any previous problems with any of the galaxy range but this is putting me off future Samsung devices!
39 REPLIES 39
Slick6618
First Poster
Options

It took me forever but I finally found a solution that works from the YT channel Manny Tutorials "Fix Moisture Detected Error On Samsung S21" 

1. Make sure your port isn't actually dirty or has moisture
  2. Turn your phone off
  3. Plug-in charger until error message appears, then unplug
  4. Continually hold up on volume key and power button during boot until you get to recovery mode
  5. Once in recovery mode, plug your charger back in (you won't get error message during recovery mode)
  6. Use volume down key to navigate down to 'wipe cache partition' -> press the power button to select -> navigate to 'yes' -> select with power button (this does not reset your phone, only some temp files)
  7. Navigate down to 'repair apps' and select with power button (phone will reset)
  8. Once phone has finished optimizing apps and rebooted the issue should be fixed
  9. Personally, I had to turn my phone off and back on again (the normal way) after this step to get the error to go away

According to the YT comments and my experience, it actually helps.

0 Likes
jo_t
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the taking the time to post.  Sadly, I found this too but no luck for me.  It's very disappointing as like other posters have said, copying files and making backups is a painful process if you can't plug your phone in!

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

How do you fix moisture detected in the charging port?
If the moisture detected error still appears, then you can use the following troubleshooting tips to get rid of it.
Clear USB Cache. 
Disable Fast Charging. 
Charge Your Phone via Computer.
Sign Out and Sign In to Your Samsung Account. 
Try Safe Mode.
Use Wireless Charger.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
0 Likes
Lou151
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I too have the same issue, no updates available and have cleared cache on USBSetting several times. Definitely the last Samsung I buy.

Becareful sending away under warranty , on a previous Samsung which had issues reading the sim card Samsung refused to repair my phone under warranty saying it was ‘user error’ and if I wanted my unrepaired phone back it would cost me more than the phone was worth in diagnosis and postage fees to get it back, therefore I wont be sending my phone back to be blackmailed again

0 Likes
bmar96
First Poster
Options

@Lou151 wrote: Definitely the last Samsung I buy.

Do a google search for "iPhone moisture charger issues" and you'll come up with a hundred threads of the same issues happening to Apple devices. Phones will be phones. 

0 Likes
jackt4796
First Poster
Options
Anyone still having this problem and know how to fix it? Having this problem myself. Thanks.
0 Likes
jonny2023
First Poster
Options
Does this delete everything in your phone or just the usb data
0 Likes
TommyC
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem but I can't charge my phone to do anything as the battery is completely dead
0 Likes
Domesticated
Apprentice
Options
Have a look at this YouTube post and see if it helps
https://youtu.be/lf3U3olvTwQ
0 Likes