Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected in charging port!

(Topic created on: 19-05-2021 08:18 PM)
EmmaLouiseH
Student
Options
I've had nothing but issues with charging my S21 Ultra 5G! I've had the phone since February and initially had no problems at all. Since March my phone is constantly coming up with the warning message of moisture detected in charging port! My phone has not been exposed to moisture and I have cleaned out the charging port and even the charger end. I've followed all the steps advised on the warning message and still had no luck! My phone can be charging (when the warning message has finally cleared) and all of a sudden start with the warning noise saying moisture has been detected. If the message does not display whilst my device is charging the minute I unplug my device the message appears! I've also turned the device off and back on to see if the message clears but it doesn't! I've never had any previous problems with any of the galaxy range but this is putting me off future Samsung devices!
39 REPLIES 39
Jemmaj14
First Poster
Options
I didn't have a software update yesterday. I clicked onto the top 'download and install' and there was a software update available, after i installed that the message disappeared.Screenshot_20210914-210904_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Azeuner
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue too.  This is crazy!

0 Likes
Members_kikCHr5
First Poster
Options

And me, only started 2 days ago had to buy a wireless charger 

0 Likes
DJohnson02888
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S21 plus. Ever since my last system update, the phone shows the moisture message whenever I plug it in the charger. It has now been 6 days of the same message and there is clearly no moisture in the phone. I have had to charge the phone wirelessly; which takes 9 hours to fully charge!

Are there any legitimate 'updates' or 'fixes' for this? 

0 Likes
Drist
First Poster
Options

Looks like there isn't. Absolute joke. You pay over  1k for a phone and can't use it. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves.

0 Likes
ALennon25
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue here. This has only started happening to me in the past few days and my phone hasn't been anywhere near any water. It seems to not happen every single time, but for me the biggest frustration is that I can't use Android Auto, because my car doesn't support this over wireless and every time I plug in the USB cable I get this warning. 

Members_H8BjLfP
First Poster
Options

Yup, exactly the same problem here since the last software update. 
If more people talk about this issue, maybe Samsung will be forced to do something about it. 
Its a shame you buy such an expensive phone and can not charge it and are forced to use wireless charging and get used to be on the run with 15-45% battery all the time if not charged at night. 

0 Likes
ChloeMWesth
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and it's driving me mad! Has anyone found any solution as yet please? 

0 Likes
Marie07
First Poster
Options
I've had the same issue for the last few weeks since a software update. After clearing usb setting data I was then able to charge but then it has started again after a recent update. So frustrating as samsung live chat only keep giving the same advice which does not resolve the issue.
0 Likes
Edwin v
Apprentice
Options

Get this lots of forums saying its samsung causing this they put something in there update ...i took mine to an authorized samsung repair shop samsung made the appt i went they had phone for 3 hours ..returned they said they changed the port to new one same issue ...put mine back in and put notes in samsung that they can see saying phones unrepairable ..my phones 6 months old under warranty ...they want me to send it in so there there techs can look at it ...and wont send me new phone...i swap my phone every year for the new model n trade in ...so if found not fixable i lose all my data /info cause i cant do samsung app swap ...shady samsung ...been buying android for 10 years plus ...guess what iphone time samsung you dud a loyal customer wrong ....ps my phone never was wet ever ...

0 Likes