Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected in charging port!

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 03:03 PM)
EmmaLouiseH
Student
Options
I've had nothing but issues with charging my S21 Ultra 5G! I've had the phone since February and initially had no problems at all. Since March my phone is constantly coming up with the warning message of moisture detected in charging port! My phone has not been exposed to moisture and I have cleaned out the charging port and even the charger end. I've followed all the steps advised on the warning message and still had no luck! My phone can be charging (when the warning message has finally cleared) and all of a sudden start with the warning noise saying moisture has been detected. If the message does not display whilst my device is charging the minute I unplug my device the message appears! I've also turned the device off and back on to see if the message clears but it doesn't! I've never had any previous problems with any of the galaxy range but this is putting me off future Samsung devices!
39 REPLIES 39
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@EmmaLouiseH 

hello

try clear data

settings → apps → tap hamburger icon → show system apps → USBSettings app → clear data

then kindly turn off and on the device

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
Use the dryer for 15seconds at hot, I know is not recommended but it will work also you might really put the in to the charger moisture cream by mistake. If not use special spray to clean it, in the worst case If is gonna keep showing like that contact the support team and they can check and fix or replace under warranty.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@EmmaLouiseH: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Do you have access to another charger that you can try to see if the issue persists? If not, try swiping up from your Home Screen to access your apps > Samsung (folder) > Samsung Members > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Charger/USB, and follow the on screen instructions. If any errors are flagged here, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, and an advisor will be able to look at your available warranty options. 

0 Likes
EmmaLouiseH
Student
Options
I've tried multiple chargers which I've had no luck with as of yet! The notification more of less lives on my screen and appears straight after I've unplugged the phone from charging (when able to do so!) I've tried interactive checks however it's telling me to connect my charger which I am unable to do with the notification. I will contact the help desk because its now becoming a daily problem! Thank you! Screenshot_20210521-150141_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
andypandy13
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever get it sorted? I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
UserS21
Apprentice
Options

This has to be a Samsung software/hardware bug with the usb charger of many phone models. I started to have the same invalid Moisture detected error on my S21 ultra. It is very shameful that Samsung does not give a solution to this. I am convinced it is a software bug because my problem was random until yesterday. After the latest software update installed yesterday the problem is permanent now. 

andypandy13
Apprentice
Options
Exactly the same here, ever since the latest patch. I feel like they are forcing us to buy their wireless chargers 😒
Jemmaj14
First Poster
Options

I have a S21 as well and got the message last night. I have just done a software update under download and install and it has cleared the moisture message

0 Likes
UserS21
Apprentice
Options

Please could you clarify what do you mean that you did" a software update under download"?

For some people the latest patch created the problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes