Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moister/Debris Charging Port Problem

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 05:06 PM)
Kane99
Apprentice
Options
Hello, I am currently having problems with the moister/debris error when i try to charge my phone. I have done everything to fix this issue. I have bought a new charger, been to a repair shop and had the port changed. Updated the software and cleared the USB cache and data. Nothing at has fixed the issue. The port has not been exposed to water and there cannot be debris as its a brand new port. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Kane99: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. For clarity, have you tried using another compatible USB cable, and connecting to a PC rather than a plug socket to see if the issue persists? Furthermore, can you try powering off your phone and then connecting to your charger to see if you're able to establish a charge in this manner? If not, try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > USB charging, and follow the on screen instructions. Does this test flag any issues?

0 Likes
Kane99
Apprentice
Options
Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes i have tried other cables and have the same issue. I tried it with the old port and it just wouldnt charge. That is why i got a new port for the phone. Same with a laptop as well as powering off the phone. I have checked the diagnostics and it just says failed with no explanation. I think its becquse it cannot properly check as when I plug a charger in it says to remove asap. So yeah very baffled with this issue.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Did you take your phone to a Samsung Service Centre, @Kane99? Have you tested your phone in Safe Mode? To do this, hold the Power button down and then long press on Power Off on the screen to change it to Safe Mode. Tap on this and your phone will restart. If your phone is fine during this, it indicates a third party app is causing the issue and we recommend deleting apps one by one until you find the culprit. 

0 Likes
Kane99
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply. I have not been to the Samsing service Centre. I have booted my phone in safe mode and the error message is still there and I still cannot charge the phone.
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
carefully clean the USB Port , use a plastic toothpick, non metal needle (like from a tree) and carefully wipe around in the plug. maybe get a USB plug to cover the hole when not charging.
0 Likes
Kane99
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for the suggestion. I had done tha with my old port to no avail. I have a new port installed which is totally clean and still has the issue. I am think it could be an interbal hardware issue.
0 Likes
MarcinSurf
First Poster
Options
Hi there, I have exactly the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S10+
Luckily I can charge my phone wireless but I would like to fix that problem rather than ignoring..
0 Likes