Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Mobile Data Connection

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 02:01 PM)
Andy31370
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I have a Galaxy S21 + 5G. I can get a data signal, but it keeps dropping.... For example, I have a 4G or 4G+ (or sometimes 5G) connection (symbol) it it keeps dropping to a H or H+ connection (Symbol). It seems the only way to reconnect to a better / faster connection is to restart the device or turn Flight Mode on and then off. I have done the usual, reset connection settings, updated the software, factory reset the device but the problem persists. My wife's iPhone and my Galaxy Tab S6 (on the same network) constantly keep a 4G connection. The device has been sent to a Samsung repair centre where they have re-installed the software, replaced the main board and antenna but the problem persists. I have asked for a replacement but as far as Samsung and the engineer are concerned they say there is nothing wrong with the device ! Does anyone have any advice? Thank you

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Murphmrm
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Have you taken out the sim and cleaned it. Ask you phone provider for a new sim
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Who is your carrier? Vodafone?
0 Likes
tploumen
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Did this happen after the July firmware update...? I'm sort of having the same problem (T-mobile carrier in the Netherlands) where I have random disconnects from 4G network. I've also tried everything I could. It must have something to with the July update. 

Andy31370
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Thanks for reply. Problem has always happened. I have cleaned SIM and swapped SIM with my wife but problem exists on both SIM's. I'm with BT (EE) in the UK. As I mentioned.... other devices on the same network keep a good connection. It's my S21+ 5G that has the problem.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Are you using a case ? If so try removing and see if problem persists.
0 Likes
Andy31370
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Removed my case but problem persists.
0 Likes
Ventor
GrandMaster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@Andy31370 ,hi,Reset network settings sometimes solves connection problems. You can try it from Settings / General settings / Reset / Reset network settings. No data is lost, but you have to configure Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth devices again.

0 Likes
Andy31370
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Thanks for reply, I did reset the network settings, unfortunately this did not solve the problem.
0 Likes
Ventor
GrandMaster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Maybe this will work for you: Reset APNs or enter them manually From Settings / Connections / Mobile networks / Access point Names, three dots up right / Reset to default.

0 Likes