Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data battery life

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 03:21 AM)
konarenz
Journeyman
Options

Curious to know what type of battery life you are getting on mobile data on the S21 series.

In my case, I have the latest update installed and charged the phone to 100%. Took the phone off the plug and immediately used mobile data 5g (auto)  at around 9am. By 1:30pm, I'm left with 39% battery life with around 3.5 hours SoT - mostly on spotify playing on the background, facebook and a 20-minute use on google maps.

Side note, the phone heats up to 40-45c outside even on idle. I am in the Philippines with around 32-32c outside temperature.

S21 Ultra Exynos 12/256GB | Android 11 | One UI 11

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This was mine purely on 5G auto. I don't typically get 5G but I can get it at higher points in my home. It tapped out at around 9h SoT. I was mostly using the phone with my buds pro while sorting out music playlists. Mine is the 512GB Exynos Silver model. I don't use any special tweaks other than fixed brightness 15%, dark mode, device scanning off and s pen off. My resolution is set to WQHD+ 120hz always. In the UK so our drastic countries temperature differences certainly help in my favour (one advantage to bitter cold weather for once...).

Screenshot_20210226-132610_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Curious if you could post a screenshot of the last 7 days tab of the battery stats?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Sure, what specifically are you looking for?
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
It gives a more complete picture of battery usage and charging. So if you take screenshots of today's date and yesterday(both from the 7 days tab) it shows better info than the current day stats including when the phone was last on the charger.
I can not for the life of me get past 6hrs it on screen time.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You can see from my screenshot a full cycles usage. I typically never charge in-between and try to maximum charge each time (not ideal but I'm fine with it).
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
This is why I asked for the screenshot from the 7 day tab. The screenshot you've posted doesn't cover charging in between etc. It just gives the stats since a full charge cycle. I once thought I had very good screen on time but forgot that I actually had a bit of juice in between but that did not alter the battery stats since it didn't fully charge. The 7 day tab is where everything is shown and I've learnt not to go by what the daily screen shows.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's a full cycle, it shows exactly when it's been charged and when it's discharging. It only resets once the phone is recharged to 100%. What you see in the screenshot is exactly how long the phone lasted off charge including any charges not to 100% (which I already stated I don't do). Basically any charging done will show in the graph as long as it hasn't maxed to 100%. As you can clearly see there is no upward trend in the graph indicating I never charged it during this time.

If you're wondering whether my SoT time is typical like this screenshot, it's actually better since I'm mostly on WiFi (and that cycle was purely on 5G). Right now after all these updates I'm seeing 12h+ SoT without gaming but typically get around 10 to 11h with a little bit of gaming each day.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
These are the last 3 days and if you calculate in total I've had 33h SoT in 4 charge cycles (but since each charge was initiated at around 30% its more or less 3 full cycles worth of charge). So 3 cycles to achieve 33h SoT is averaging 11h+ SoT.

A bit annoying it's uploaded out of order.

Screenshot_20210312-214911_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-214958_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210312-214907_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Ah sorry for some reason this comment haven't been appearing for me. Thanks for posting the screenshots and it's beginning to confirm something which seem to be the case for you as well. I seem to be able to get better screen on time when charging from 30% than when it gets lower. Also the time of day that I've charged the phone seem to also affect this which is strange.
0 Likes