Did you mean: 

Missing/lost Photo albums

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 09:58 AM)
BailaLeila
Journeyman
Options
Hi,
Looking for a bit of advice or help!

I've just gone to look at some photos of mine, however, my album that I made has disappeared!! 😞 
I've checked everywhere I can think of (gallery, photos, recycle bin etc).

I've noticed this happen to a few other albums that were, annoyingly, automatically moved to Google photos.

Any ideas appreciated :smiling-face:
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
All my pictures are backed up with Dropbox.
Did you have anything in place like some sort of back up ??
Have you looked in the download folder??
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BailaLeila Hello, go to Gallery, the three points on the right, you will find an option Hide or unhide albums. Check if by chance you have not hidden it, greetings!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@BailaLeila: Can you try swiping up from your Home Screen > Google (folder ) > Photos > Tap your profile in the top right > Photos Settings > Free up device storage, and explore your options here. This feature removes photos and videos from your device that have been backed up by Google Photos, so it's worth checking here to see if this feature is automated, and if it can be disabled. You should also try swiping up from your Home Screen > Samsung (folder ) > My Files, and checking the Images folder to see if the photos are still intact in this location. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You have probably given Google photos authorisation to delete your photos once they have been uploaded.
I have the same as well.
I use both Google photos and gallery.
0 Likes