Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Feature

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 05:42 PM)
Cregtech
Journeyman
Options
I am surprised, unless I am not aware of it, there is no feature to create exceptions on our phone.

For instance, at night my phone goes to silent. I can do this automatically with a Bixby routine (but I don't because i hate Bixby) but I cannot create an exception to named callers to get through.

An example is were I want everything silent/muted unless perhaps calls and messages from my partner and children.

I don't want to be disturbed by a Wish email offering me a nightgown with built in butt plug but I do want to be disturbed if my kids are in need.
Or to block someone trying hassle me from work at 2am but I do want to know if my partner has broken down on the way home.

I recall an app called Tasker from the S6 era but it was old and dated then but you could do just this.

#featurerequest
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
sorry didn't explain that well, go to contacts and press the star on who you want to allow through, this will make them a favourite, you then go into do not disturb settings I find exceptions settings and set allow favourites, now everything will be blocked apart from these contacts, you can choose to allow calls or texts or both. hope this helps, but bear in mind you phone has to be on sound or vibrate for this work, if you put it on mute the call will still be silenced, so when you go to bed just hit the do not disturb button which is a no entry sign make sure you have allowed the exceptions and go to sleep 😀 your alarm will still work too

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
you can allow exceptions you make who you want to come through a favourite then in do not disturb settings you click on allow calls from favourites and if you want texts from them you can do this too I have this set every night
Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
sorry didn't explain that well, go to contacts and press the star on who you want to allow through, this will make them a favourite, you then go into do not disturb settings I find exceptions settings and set allow favourites, now everything will be blocked apart from these contacts, you can choose to allow calls or texts or both. hope this helps, but bear in mind you phone has to be on sound or vibrate for this work, if you put it on mute the call will still be silenced, so when you go to bed just hit the do not disturb button which is a no entry sign make sure you have allowed the exceptions and go to sleep 😀 your alarm will still work too
Cregtech
Journeyman
Options
outstanding work! Thank you.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
no problem 👍🙂
0 Likes