Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Misleading False Marketing

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 03:21 PM)
iwolverine
Apprentice
Options

With UniDays or with my StudentBeans - student discount account - Samsung Advertised 15% off the Entire S21 series on their website. But when I try to buy the phone it actually deducts 10% instead of 15%. Isn't it false Marketing? I want to buy the phone, but Samsung Website ad and the price is contradictory. Can you anyone please help?

I tried contacting the sales team, and they have no idea and could not provide me with any support. This is a shame as I have been a Samsung customer for 15 years now.

5kNTKpHL.jpgfL9lJQ0t.jpgsamsung_student_discount.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
HerMajesty
First Poster
Options
it doesn't make sense 😩
0 Likes
iwolverine
Apprentice
Options

Exactly. If someone is not careful then they will just place an order thinking that it is 15% discounted. What Samsung did is completely unethical and misleading. This also becomes legal issue - Trying to sell with False information

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That discount appears to be just the ordinary 10% offer they're running. I don't think it's registering as your student discount offer. Since I'm not a student member I cannot verify this, however if they have a specific discount code to use or something, maybe its best to check.
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @iwolverine ,

Cheers for letting us know! 🙂 It looks like it was an error on the website. We've been advised that the 15% offer should be working now - but please let let us know if it's still not working for you. 

Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Check it out now mate, looks like the offer was advertised a day early, full S21 range now showing 15% discount via Studentbeans. 👍
0 Likes
iwolverine
Apprentice
Options
Brilliant thanks a bunch Mate
0 Likes