Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messenger notifications.

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 11:02 PM)
Adrian M
First Poster
Options

Hey,

A few days ago I got the S21 ultra and smart switched over from my S10.

From the get go I can't seem to get notifications from the Messenger app. I've tried every conceivable configuration of settings for both the messenger and FB app as well as the usual uninstall reinstall, log out log in, restart, make sure Do Not Disturbed not on etc. 

I have to open the app itself and then my messages will update. Very frustrating as I'm missing loads of messages for work and family stuff. 

What's almost most odd is maybe one in every 10 messages I will actually get a notification and I'll think it's fixed itself but then I won't get the next one. 

Any help very much appreciated

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Phil112
Apprentice
Options

Two years on and I have exactly the same issue, even down to getting a notification as normal then the very next time a msg is received all I get is a quiet 'pop' sound with no visual notification.

I have also checked all notification settings and even called in EE mobile shop and they also verified all settings are correct.

I have the latest Software update and the phone worked perfectly until I used smart switch from my S10+, I have even tried a manual transfer after a second factory reset but it made no difference.

Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

0 Likes