Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Media Storage consumes a lot of data

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 01:39 PM)
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, I realized that a Media Storage app consumes a lot of data - almost 70GB!

Screenshot_20210403-143446_Settings.jpg

I have no idea, what exactly it is. I googled and it should be some new system how to work with storage for applications but... which is inside, which application uses it so much and how can I reduce the amount of consumed data? I have a lot of pictures stored in the storage but they are in different folder:

Screenshot_20210403-143321_DiskUsage.jpg

I tried wiping system cache, didn't help. Any idea?

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Reveroph
Apprentice
Options

@Libb should I just open a new thread for the same issue?? Or is there anyone else who knows how to fix this? I keep getting space usage notifications 

0 Likes
Mango5
First Poster
Options

Samsung A7
Is anyone having any success with this storage space issue.  I have the issue with the Android/ Media folder taking up a lot of storage space. My phone reports " running out of storage space" I don't know whether I can delete this data without messing up my apps?? Grateful for any advice.

0 Likes
Leonard Tan
First Poster
Options

I also having the same issue. Media Storage take out around 50% of my storage. still looking on the solution on it

0 Likes
Pete77777
Apprentice
Options

Mee too. Same problem! Samsung support says it's data stored by apps. Which is double Bulls***. Very disappointing. Tech YouTubers should make this public. It's a disgrace you buy a 128 GB phone and can use only a fraction. 

0 Likes
Mandyah88
First Poster
Options

Reports it? Umbrella reports it to what? I don't need my personal pictures being reported to anything and it is obviously not a necessity because this is the first time I've had a phone with this and my other ones worked fine without it.

0 Likes
Ornj
First Poster
Options
Has anyone had any luck getting this sorted yet? I have 30gb of "app media" which I can't delete or clear
0 Likes
Anmac1789
First Poster
Options

Maybe it's related to some internal db ?

0 Likes