Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail dissappear s .my emails on bt dissappear after about 5 minutes . help

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 03:54 PM)
Padraig
Journeyman
Options
Hi I hope someone can help me. On my Samsung mail account my incoming emails dissappear straight away after I read them, And they are not in any of my folders including my deleted folder. It is a mystery where they go. 
Help please.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Padraig: Can you try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Scroll down to Server Settings > Incoming Server > Delete Emails from Server, and select 'Never' (if applicable). Go back, and check your Sync Period and Sync Schedule to ensure that you're set up to regularly sync with your account. If the issue persists, try signing in to your account via a browser, to see if emails are deleted once read via this channel. If they are, check your profile settings, or reach out to your provider directly to see if there are any options that you can enable/disable to prevent this while connected to the account on an external device. 

Padraig
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Andrew.
I will go through your instructions and report back again thanks a lot.
padrig.
0 Likes
Padraig
Journeyman
Options
I get as far as incoming server and their is no option to click never or I can't find it .when I get to server options the only thing I can do is my pass word I can't find other option you said delete messages from server or am I on the wrong page?
0 Likes
Padraig
Journeyman
Options
hi again.
I hope I can get some help with my email problem on my Samsung account. when I receive an email and read it shortly after I have read it it dissappear s and it is not in any of my folders or the bin it is a mystery and I don't know how to put it right. Thanks if anyone can help.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Padraig: I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen. Can you try removing the account from your S21 and re-adding it to see if this addresses the issue? 

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Email > Remove Account

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Add Account > Email > Register the account.

0 Likes
Padraig
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Andrew I will try that.
0 Likes