Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Média stops playing

(Topic created on: 02-07-2022 07:34 PM)
chippchipp
Apprentice
Options
Hi all. When I'm playing media on my s21 and open the daily mail app and then open a story on the app the media I'm playing fades out and stops.
I've tried reinstalling and clearing caches and restarting. 
Annoying.
Can someone help?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are embedded videos in Daily Mail which may take over the audio. Try an ad blocker.
chippchipp
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Any recommendations for an ad blocker. Sorry to ask.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @chippchipp. If you are using Samsung Internet as your default mobile browser, you could also utilise a feature that is built into that app.

Whilst accessing the browser, click Settings > Useful features > Allow autoplay videos.

Please make sure this is toggled off, as doing so will help ensure these media do not play automatically and interrupt/disrupt any media you had already loaded.

I believe that the other popular mobile browsers will allow you to turn off this feature too - the instructions and terminology will likely vary, of course.

Please let us know whether this helps. 👍

chippchipp
Apprentice
Options
This doesn't work I'm afraid. It is the daily mail app that is causing this issue.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. That's my oversight there. Within the settings of that app, there should also be an option to switch off autoplaying videos. 

I am not sure how reliably this works if the videos being played are ads. However, it'll certainly stop regular videos embedded in the articles from loading up.

chippchipp
Apprentice
Options
Switched off autoplay videos. Still does the same thing unfortunately.
Updated phone with no joy there either.
Annoying.
0 Likes