Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loud BEEP BEEP during a phone call

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 08:41 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Hi My s21 has done a loud BEEP BEEP noise during a phone call twice. The first time nothing happened and the second time it took my phone of loud speaker. Nothing seems to happen other than that, its not the little ping you hear when you have a notification it's something else. It's not really and issue but would be great if anyone knows what it means? My phone doesn't display anything it just came off speaker phone. The first time I was already using the ear piece. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra : I'm not sure what could be causing this. My first instinct was that the beeping was a Call Waiting notification, however I'm not sure why this would take you off Speaker. To check this, head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Supplementary Services > Call Waiting > Toggle this off. If this isn't applicable, can you test to see if the beeping occurs when using the phone's mic? 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No it's not calling waiting the noise is louder and the 2 beeps are closer together. It's happened during 2 separate phone calls to the same person, one phone call was on the earpiece and the phone literally did nothing other than the noise, the second time I was on loud speaker but then it went to normal phone, it could have been a coincidence and I may have knocked the speaker button, the noise is just weird though it's like it an emergency alert or something
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The call waiting works fine and the persons number comes up and asks me for an action this other noise literally does nothing so weird
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra : Could you accidentally be placing the caller on hold, or vice versa, as it will periodically beep when this is the case? 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Someone messing with the Bluetooth headsets? Could be you or the other side party.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No just did a test call and it's isn't that
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No my buds Pro were away in the case, the other party could have been messing with a smartwatch and it was the same person both calls, I guess I will just have to monitor it.
0 Likes