Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loose charging port s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 04:09 PM)
BeardyTom
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone had any issues with a loose charging port on an s21 ultra I seem to have alot of play with the Samsung charger provided should it be like this?
28 REPLIES 28
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I haven't used my cable that came with the phone, but my chargers dont have any pull. Can you test it with another USB C cable to see if its just that cable or your phones port.
AndrewL
Options

@BeardyTom: The charger should fit snugly in the USB port of the phone once it's connected, and shouldn't wobble or feel loose. As suggested by @Joeeye please try another compatible charger to see if the issue persists. Also, head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen instructions to see if this returns any errors. 

arcest
Apprentice
Options

I have had the same issue also with my S21 Ultra - Only had the phone 4 weeks. 

gammexane
Explorer
Options

Same problem, could you fix it? 

colez
Student
Options
Had mine 4 months and has nothing but problems 😪.. overheating .. quick battery drain and very loose charging port... for a new phone its a discrace...
gammexane
Explorer
Options

The overheating is odd, at least for me. 
The loose charging port in my case was a thread into the port. I removed the thread and it was fixed, I bought a port cover in Amazon in order to don't have this problem again.

Regarding the battery drain: Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxT-9DKytlw
I am charging the phone every 2 days or just at night if i use it a lot after I did all the those things the video says. 

Hope it helps. 

colez
Student
Options
I am having to charge the battery every 4 hours and that's just using music .. aka Spotify... for the rest of info u gave thank u .. I will check on utube video and look for port cover
gammexane
Explorer
Options

Definitely not normal, check what is draining your battery, I use spotify everyday, youtube, web, social netwoks, duolingo, even some old school games like MAME and the less it last is 12/14hs. 
If use only whatsapp and that kind of stuff it last 24 or more. 
I have charged it yesterday morning and today is still 68%...  check the video I gave you, set the bixby routines as it says... 

BWFerg78
Apprentice
Options

I've had the S21 5G since launch and have had nothing but issues with the USB port. It doesn't always charge right, it randomly disconnects while charging, and won't stay connected to Android Auto for more than a minute at a time. I took it in once and was told there was nothing wrong with the port.